While possible board problems way to "protect" high score

Welcome to arcade support! New games are posted by the arcade bot. Also, any problems with arcade should be addressed in this forum. Feel free to reply to any bot posts to talk about a specfic game in question.

While possible board problems way to "protect" high score

Postby madd74 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 19:00:28

It has been brought to my attention that two people have had issues posting scores. In the future, I would ask that a screenshot be sent or saved for me, if possible, so I can best understand what happened, however, I do know one thing that CAN happen.

If for any reason the board is unavailable after you load a game, and you attempt to submit the score, then it will fail. The reason this happens is because once you "load" the game in question, it is "downloaded" to your computer. This means, that if you loaded a game, and unplugged your internet connection, you would be able to actually play the game for as long as you wanted, *until* you attempt to submit the game or do something that forces the game to "interact" with my site. That is when you would get the problem.

Well, for the time being as I work on "moving" the database that holds all the information, one thing you could do is simply verify that you still have access to arcade. There are two easy ways to do it.

• you can right click on arcade (see attachment) and select "open in new window"
  • if you play games in a new window, you can simply left click the arcade link instead of right clicking it
The first way is easiest, however, if people use the second options to play games already, well, there ya go.
Attachments
arcadesupport.PNG
screenshot
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Arcade