Customer Service stories anyone?

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

Customer Service stories anyone?

Postby Stingray » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:22:05

So, besides my usual rockstar-by-night-and-weekend career with all the bands and musical projects I take part in, I do have my weekday day job of being a customer service representative for a call center in the Land of Yeast and Cheese (as Madd so lovingly calls it :biggrin:).

I know there are some of you that work at Qwest and some other customer service positions. Since I work with some infomercial products, I have "met" some extremely interesting/scary people over the phone, and have piles of crazy stories.

So, give me your best/craziest customer service stories!

-StB
"The world is my oyster!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" - Ghaleon
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Re: Customer Service stories anyone?

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23:47

Oh gosh. I will definitely come up with some. I don't really have time right now to compile them, but don't be let down. I WILL give you some.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:19:16

Well I have this extravagant student. His hair is on end almost every day! and it just a hoot

His favorite phrase? oh mylanta!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:35:02

HaHa. D.J. Tanner said that on an episode of "Full House" once.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:43:17

he says it all the time, and he is SO flamboyant!! I just LOVE it!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:44:06

I don't know that i have ever heard anyone in real life say it.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:48:38

oh I have about once a day.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Stingray » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:08:05

Alrighty, since you guys and gals are either busy or actually working at your job, I'll start off with a story.
:D
A lady was calling about a return of a product. I asked for her zipcode and name and looked up her account. There was NOTHING about her ever calling to ask to return, get a return authorization #, or any notes of anything about a return. She started geting very beligerent with me insisting that she returned the product. Then she claimed she still hadn't seen the refund come up on her credit card bill and started asking questions such as "If I did return the product, how much would be refunded?" and "How long would it take to see a credit on my statement?" and "Why are you still trying to charge me if I returned the product?" (she was on a payment plan for the product). I took it to the supervisor, because this lady was just getting mean and seriously kept insisting that she sent the product back. I had her on hold for a good 9 minutes while I was checking her case out with the supervisor. I checked the USPS tracking, nothing about a refusal or return to sender either. Finally< i came back to the customer and was like "I apologize, ma'am, I was just talking to the supervisor, and I just don't see any information about a return."

Then the phone went silent for a good 2 minutes. And the lady finally said very angrily "Okay, I lied! I never returned the product. Sorry! Goodbye!" and that was pretty much it.

I wanted to go "and you WONDER why we have fraud protection rules..."

-StB
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:44:39

I can't top that one. I have PLENTY of customers who lie to me, but not one has ever admitted it nor has lied that good.
That was a great story!
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby Stingray » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:52:25

Thanks, glad you enjoyed!

It was indeed, the first time a customer has flat-out lied to me about something and brazenly admitted it!
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Postby madd74 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 22:58:34

My word... I could bring my server down, if not the internet, by going over the long list of customer related stories that I have encountered. I mean, one time I asked someone if there was a number we could call them back at, and he said something like 35R or something like that. I checked my phone, it appeared my phone was not compatable with his number. I had a customer call, scream, and yell about trucks going up and down her street... this was for over 5 minutes, and at some point later, she admitted she did not have a phone problem, she just wanted to bitch to someone. I have gotten, many times, as most people in Qwest repair get, the customer angry about a billing "problem", and customer service is not open, so they want us to "fix" their bill since it needs "repaired". I am all up for the literal word, however, this is just crazy.

I would go on even more if I did not have only 2 minutes left of work, and a few more posts to move to the proper location :D I will post more wonderful stories as I can remember them.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby madd74 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 16:07:35

It is amazing how much people just do not get it.

Madd wrote:Are there any locked gates?
customer wrote:Well this is low income housing.

Wow, welcome to the human race, and your ability to take a STRAIGHT CLOSE END QUESTION and not answer it.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby madd74 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 16:19:00

Wow, and RIGHT AFTER that call...

Madd Martin, Qwest repair wrote:So does the customer get this recording on the line on just long distance or also local calls?
Qwest customer service wrote:Well, it does not matter she has a long distance plan

This is why you will not ever be able to be in repair... you can't listen, you do not understand how to troubleshoot, and it DOES matter if I want to fix the problem and do it before I become a grandparent. I mean, I will just start looking at random things when people call, to see if I can fix the problem without asking them what is wrong. My flipping word.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby Mair » Wed Oct 10, 2007 13:43:13

I just had a guy call to report his phone not working. His neighbor died a couple weeks ago and wondered if that had anything to do with it. Hmmmm...
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby madd74 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 15:37:51

Well, I would say it is related trouble if one of the following is true:
-he was reporting a can't be called trouble, and it was from his neighbor
-he was reporting a can't call out problem, where he gets a ring no answer to his neighbor

:mrgreen:
madd74
Master of Maddness

Next

Return to Outer Unbound