"Are YOU on the list??"

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

"Are YOU on the list??"

Postby Stingray » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:00:18

For those of you that haven't yet watched the show "Heroes" on NBC, I strongly urge you to check it out. In my opinion, it is quite honestly one of the best shows I've seen on TV in awhile.
I watched the 2nd episode and thought it was strange, but after the 3rd one, I was hooked forever! Cool effects, intense drama, and a great twisted, yet connected storyline!

I susually will not be upset about missing shows on TV, but I purposely do not plan anything (including dates/band practice!!) just so I can watch Heroes. The premiere of Season 2 starts tonight on NBC, don't miss it!

Any other fans of this show out there?

-StB
"The world is my oyster!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" - Ghaleon
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Re: "Are YOU on the list??"

Postby sewcute » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16:27

never seen it, but I don't watch much TV, unless it's Monk
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:40:01

I watch plenty of TV, but I try not to watch a lot of the new shows because I'm so easily offended. I do allow myself one guilty pleasure and that is "Grey's Anatomy" and usually my mouth is gaping open in horrified shock at what I either just saw, heard, or both.
My favorite shows are Everybody Loves Raymond (I own the DVD collection minus the final season), Frasier (I'm working on owning that), Little People Big World, Jon and Kate plus 8, The Real Estate Pros, The Cosby Show, Full House, According to Jim, The Biggest Loser, Mythbusters, The House of Payne, and I THINK that's all I watch. Oh I DID start watching the new show with Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton, but I can't remember what it's called. And it's only been on once, so who knows how long it'll last in my house.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:50:22

I love Frasier!

I was watching King of Queens the other night, and PArt of the Raymond cast was on it, it was funny!!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:59:31

Yeah Doug used to be on Raymond all the time and sometimes Raymond visits the King now. I like that show, too, but hubby hates it because of Carrie. So I don't get to watch it all that often.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby monkeybone » Mon Sep 24, 2007 22:52:40

I am a complete TV dork of late. I haven't watched television at home for months - literally. When I work on the weekends my ladies watch I Love Lucy, Mash, Mayberry and Gunsmoke.

that is the extent of my tv these days. Mr Stingray, I've *heard* of the show you mentioned - just haven't been there.

I hope it's not another West Wing which absolutely riveted me for several years.
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby Mair » Tue Sep 25, 2007 13:13:53

I also love Mash and Mayberry. THe other 2...not so much. I don't even think I've ever SEEN Gunsmoke. But my dad sure loves it.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby cmplxty7 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 16:15:08

I haven't ever watched Heroes. I've heard good things, though. I don't avoid watching it - I guess since I never watched it I have never known when it is on or what it is about or anything.

Madd & I both love House & Eureka on Tuesdays. We also share a love for The Daily Show & The Colbert Report (though I haven't been watching them much lately, as I am usually passed out for the night by then).

I am fond of Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Ugly Betty, My Name is Earl...I also like the CSI's & Law & Order's, but they are not must-sees for me. I will watch ER or Grey's Anatomy if they're on, but I do not seek them out. I still LOVE Jeopardy and watch it when I get a chance (not very often), and like 1 vs 100. The only reality show I get sucked in to (I am mostly ashamed to admit it) is American Idol. Every year. I think it starts because at the beginning it is comedy to watch the horrble tryouts...then I just keep watching.

Oh, and the news - I feel lost in my world if I do not watch the news at least once per day (morning, evening, late night) - I do not care if it is national or local. I like to know what is going on around me, so I like to get the local news, but I also like to know what is going on in the world.
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Return to Outer Unbound