South Beach Diet

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

South Beach Diet

Postby Mair » Tue Sep 18, 2007 16:48:48

Has anyone else ever tried this?
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: South Beach Diet

Postby cmplxty7 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 17:14:59

I thought about it once :D

Seriously, the idea of completely cutting out a particular food group (even if temporarily) seems torturous to me. A couple of girls I used to work with failed at it for that reason - they found themselves "cheating" more and more until their diet was no different than it was before :|
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Postby Mair » Tue Sep 18, 2007 17:26:22

I will admit...I've cheated PLENTY, but I've apparently done pretty well. I've lost 35 pounds on this diet since February. However, the majority of this weight (all but like 6 lbs) has been lost since June 18th.
I am going nuts, though, because I am such a picky eater. The absolute ONLY things I will eat that I'm allowed to eat is lean beef (whether it be ground beef or lean steaks), chicken, cheese (which I'm unbelievably sick of) and sugar free jello.
I just need to keep on keeping on. Two weeks ago, I started this again serious and actually made a calendar from now until the end of the year. I started with 12 days on the strict phase and then I took a day off (then which I ate a LOT) and then I started yesterday for another 12 day stretch. Last night, I literally thought i was going to die. I eat chicken and mayo everyday, 4 slices of cheese and jello. That's not enough, but I have NO desire to eat more. For the first time in my life, I've actually not wanted to eat.
I'm begging God for strength to keep it up. I absolutely HAVE to lose a lot more weight before I go to Florida in October. I'm desperate.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Fri Sep 21, 2007 18:01:48

can we see pictures?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Fri Sep 21, 2007 18:02:42

Like before and after pictures?
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:19:55

yes

I love pictures

have I mentioned that?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24:36

HaHa. Yes you have mentioned that. And a week later I'm still working on organizing mine.

I'll try to find some before and after pictures, but I didn't actually take any which I'm kicking myself for. Oh well. I'm sure there are some snap shots someone has taken of me.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Sat Sep 22, 2007 13:13:50

do YOU notice a difference?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Sat Sep 22, 2007 14:53:51

Not by looking. But I do have some pants that fit me now. I can definitely tell a difference in my clothes.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:48:58

35 pounds and you can't tell a difference? or just in some of your clothes and how they fit?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Sat Sep 22, 2007 19:23:01

I can tell a difference in my clothes definitely.
But when I look at my huge 'ol gut in the mirror it still looks HUMONGOUS to me.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby ditzwill » Wed Nov 14, 2007 16:47:14

Mair wrote:I will admit...I've cheated PLENTY, but I've apparently done pretty well. I've lost 35 pounds on this diet since February. However, the majority of this weight (all but like 6 lbs) has been lost since June 18th.
I am going nuts, though, because I am such a picky eater. The absolute ONLY things I will eat that I'm allowed to eat is lean beef (whether it be ground beef or lean steaks), chicken, cheese (which I'm unbelievably sick of) and sugar free jello.
I just need to keep on keeping on. Two weeks ago, I started this again serious and actually made a calendar from now until the end of the year. I started with 12 days on the strict phase and then I took a day off (then which I ate a LOT) and then I started yesterday for another 12 day stretch. Last night, I literally thought i was going to die. I eat chicken and mayo everyday, 4 slices of cheese and jello. That's not enough, but I have NO desire to eat more. For the first time in my life, I've actually not wanted to eat.
I'm begging God for strength to keep it up. I absolutely HAVE to lose a lot more weight before I go to Florida in October. I'm desperate.

Sounds like I would excel at this diet. I really need to look into it.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Postby sewcute » Wed Nov 14, 2007 17:02:12

my grandma did aktins (or however you spell it)

and then did southbeach, she liked it, and did good with it
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to Outer Unbound