feeling just a little lost

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

feeling just a little lost

Postby monkeybone » Mon Sep 10, 2007 0:39:26

i have much to write about as i cut my teeth in this new life/profession (?) that i have. but i am so tired and so much that i want to say would sound disjointed or just cliched.

i'm also thinking that such writings should be done on LJ but my friends list there contains maybe 4-5 people who care - and who's opinions i care about. and there are too many others who would ignore it or .......... i don't want to write while they are looking because i don't want them to know about my life any more.

You know what? what I need is a serious cut of my friends list there and i'm too much of a coward to do it.

see what i mean? i'm wanting to talk and yet it's far too late at night for me to make much sense at all.

i AM, however, showered, shaved, dried hair, braced leg, ready for my own bed. (i'm just not quite ready to GO to bed)
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Re: feeling just a little lost

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:32:59

I am SO gonna reply to this, but not right at the moment. It's 2:30 am and I can hardly see straight. I've been sitting here backing up my photos for like 3 hours or more. I usually go to bed no later than 10. I actually fell asleep watching Home Improvement, but when Dave turned off the TV my eyes popped right open.

I just wanted to ask why your leg is braced?
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby monkeybone » Mon Sep 10, 2007 14:15:52

man, i took some shrapnel in nam.
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 15:41:22

Mair wrote:I am SO gonna reply to this, but not right at the moment. It's 2:30 am and I can hardly see straight. I've been sitting here backing up my photos for like 3 hours or more. I usually go to bed no later than 10. I actually fell asleep watching Home Improvement, but when Dave turned off the TV my eyes popped right open.

I just wanted to ask why your leg is braced?

what in the world were you doing up that late? don't you have some auto sleep function that would have terminated your waking or something like that?

monkeybone wrote:man, i took some shrapnel in nam.

Yeah, I heard that is not all you took
[smilie=rauch08.gif]
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby monkeybone » Mon Sep 10, 2007 20:20:09

madd: i ignore your comment

mair: about 14 years ago i broke my leg - which healed fine. but, it tore my ankle apart and that has been a problem ever since. i have braces of different shapes and sizes and use them as needed. i try not to limp, but do all too often.

that is the story even though it's not terribly entertaining.

oh, i broke the leg falling down some stairs. (the stairs won that battle) :badgrin:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 22:35:21

You cannot ignore my comment... as you made a comment about it, so I know it was not ignored :D
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby Mair » Mon Sep 10, 2007 22:55:38

Here I am. the next night. Again...fell asleep watching tv and when it was time to turn off the tv I was/am wide awake. Well, this time I have Bible study in the morning and can't sleep as late as I want. So, I took some "help me sleep pills" that Dave calls Benadryl. I finally went to bed last night/this morning at 3 and STILL couldn't sleep. I probably laid there for another 30 minutes before I conked out just to wake wide up at 7:45. I tried to go back to sleep after Dave left, but I couldn't. So I thought for sure I'd be tired tonight. NOPE. It's just a few minutes before midnight. My "auto-sleep function" apparently is not working. So, I'll have to have it checked out. Hopefully it requires me to be off work for the next 50 years or so.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby monkeybone » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:46:09

madd74 wrote:You cannot ignore my comment... as you made a comment about it, so I know it was not ignored :D

yeah, yeah, yeah. i *knew* you'd say that.

hey, you don't keep up with LJ do you? meaning, you don't deal much with who's on your friends list and such. yes?
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby Mair » Tue Sep 11, 2007 15:08:12

Well, I know what you mean about not wanting to write on LJ because there are those who read it that you don't want to know anything about your life. I have some in my life whom I don't want to know what's going on. Unfortunately, they are my siblings, so I'm sure my dad has told them different things. UGH!!!

I'm not really much into myspace anymore, but when I was, some people whom I would accept as friends are no longer friends. It's my right to have whomever I wish on my friends list and I really have to answer to nobody.

Same for you. However, easier said than done.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby madd74 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 13:47:38

monkeybone wrote:
madd74 wrote:You cannot ignore my comment... as you made a comment about it, so I know it was not ignored :D

yeah, yeah, yeah. i *knew* you'd say that.

hey, you don't keep up with LJ do you? meaning, you don't deal much with who's on your friends list and such. yes?

No, not really. I would like to, I just do not do it for some reason.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Wed Sep 12, 2007 16:41:36

monkeybone wrote:i have much to write about as i cut my teeth in this new life/profession (?) that i have. but i am so tired and so much that i want to say would sound disjointed or just cliched.

i'm also thinking that such writings should be done on LJ but my friends list there contains maybe 4-5 people who care - and who's opinions i care about. and there are too many others who would ignore it or .......... i don't want to write while they are looking because i don't want them to know about my life any more.

You know what? what I need is a serious cut of my friends list there and i'm too much of a coward to do it.

see what i mean? i'm wanting to talk and yet it's far too late at night for me to make much sense at all.

i AM, however, showered, shaved, dried hair, braced leg, ready for my own bed. (i'm just not quite ready to GO to bed)

Just cut 'em!

or filter them out of your post!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Wed Sep 12, 2007 17:00:55

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby madd74 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 17:42:19

sewcute wrote:Just cut 'em!

I think that is what she is having a problem with in the first place... even though, the filtering you speak of would be a great solution
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Wed Sep 12, 2007 22:14:36

I could tell she was having an issue with cutting, which is why I was trying to give her a boost to do it!

Cause I know how hard it can be.

But I did it tonight Lori, so you can do it too!!!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby monkeybone » Wed Sep 12, 2007 23:49:43

for some reason it is hard.

i want my freedom and yet i'm nosy. does that make sense?
Last edited by monkeybone on Thu Sep 13, 2007 0:09:45, edited 1 time in total.
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Next

Return to Outer Unbound