How funny...or sad. whichever

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

How funny...or sad. whichever

Postby Mair » Thu Sep 06, 2007 17:30:15

So, I hate my job, and I'm not much into people either. I'm usually cold when customer service transfers a customer to repair. "Hi Mari. How are you?" What do you care? Don't ask me that.
So, I just transfered a customer to customer service and got a man who was SO cold to me. So, I went to note the customer's account and started to write that this rep was very rude to me. But then I stopped...thought, and then realized that this man did EXACTLY what I would've done. After I explained the problem (only difference is I said it quickly and in as few words as possible...customer care usually has NO clue what they're talking about and uses every word in the dictionary to tell me a problem that really isn't the real problem), he said "What's the number?" then sat for a few seconds after I gave it to him and said "Send him over". Now, this would seem fine except he had a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE tone in his voice. This is EXACTLY what I say to people and am usually pretty cold (again...not really a people person). I even had some old fart of a customer ask me if I was feeling ok because apparently the tone in my voice gave him the impression that I didn't appreciate his interupting every word I tried to say to him.
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: How funny...or sad. whichever

Postby sewcute » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:21:44

at least you realized it. So many people don't realize what they are doing (myself being one of them)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:32:08

True and people REFUSE to look at themselves and evaluate their behavior.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:35:52

exactly! change is a good thing! (sometimes!)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to Outer Unbound