I'm unemployed

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

I'm unemployed

Postby Mair » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09:38

I had my last day at Qwest yesterday. There are some people that I have seen everyday for 9 years. Others everyday for 7. And others everyday for a long period of time. Leaving Qwest and having my last day there was a dream come true. The only thing that didn't happen was me cussing out a customer on my last day like I had always dreamed about. I hardly took any calls at all yesterday and the ones I took, although some were a little on the dumb side, none of them deserved a real good tongue lashing. Makes it disappointing that I had dreamed about this my whole career at Qwest for nothing :)
I grew up at Qwest. I was 21 when I started and I left just 2 weeks and 3 days before my 31st birthday. I was a really dumb young adult when I started working there and I've just "Grown up" there. I met my husband because of my job there (Because that's where I met Madd who introduced me to the computer world which led me to the internet world which is where I met my beloved husband), I bought 2 houses because of my job there. It's just opened a lot of opportunities for me. But, it was beyond time to move on, and I got a perfect opportunity.
My team got together and got a cake for the 6 of us that left and sent us off with a lot of love which I appreciate because there was a little pain in this situation. There are a LOT of people that want to leave that just absolutely can't. But they sent us off with love and graciousness. I cried when my 2 best friends hugged me and then all the way home and again when I walked in the door and saw my husband. This is definitely going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll adjust quickly :) Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: I'm unemployed

Postby madd74 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 15:51:02

It has been an interesting experience having you around at Qwest. I will now have to retire your net send. I certainly do hope that you stick around and are more active on the board. It is always a treat to have traffic, and you certain offer a unique perspective on life that others, including myself, do not come close to being next to. Keep in mind, I say this knowing a Mormon :mrgreen:

At least you should have more time to venture over at the board, and I will do my best to find more content to bring here, keeping the rare people such as yourself in mind, that require special filtering as to not to offend. Nice that someone can keep me on my toes :D

I am surprised that you did not let loose on at least one customer. Maybe manegement was keeping an eye on you and decided on your last day to only route the "nice" queue to your desk :)

Thanks for the wonderful experience of working next to you.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby monkeybone » Mon Nov 17, 2008 16:48:28

WOW, Mair, you really did it!! You left Q%^& of you own accord. You should be so proud! =D>

I'm just so very happy for you -- Congratulations.

(but now who is going to keep Madd in line?)

hope to see you around here more often now that you've a little more time on your hands.

:biggrin:
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby Mair » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:55:39

I haven't been around Madd much since March, so if he's been behaving himself at all (which I doubt) it's on his own accord or someone else is keeping him in line :)
I am disappointed to this day that I didn't lash out on a customer on my last day. I did NOT live out my Qwest-life long dream of cussing someone out on my last day. I had every intention, but I only took 15 calls all day and not one of them deserved it. I did get a little stern with one of them when I asked if we could get to his phone box. His answer to me was telling me where the problem is (apparently he thought he was a qualified technician). I said "That's not what I asked you, Sir. I don't need for you to tell me where the problem is. I asked if we can get to our phone box." He answered a simple "Yes." However, for me to get "snotty" with a customer (as I've OFTEN been told that I am by customers, managers, and co-workers who need to mind their biz) is NOT out of the norm. I was just a LITTLE snottier than I normally would've been with him. and if obviously felt good if I'm still remembering it 6 days later.
Thanks for the kind words, Madd. I'm going to have Dave set up a laptop downstairs so I can get on and dink around at night when we're down there watching tv, so hopefully I'll be around a little more. You were present for my Qwest career all but about 2-4 weeks (I can't remember your exact TOE, but I know October sometime. I'm Sept 13th). I can't say it was a good run, but I am where I am because of my job there. So, I have no regrets. I bought 2 houses with my income and most importantly met my husband because of my job there. Of course, if we were really "meant to be" I know God would've arranged our meeting no matter what. However, I don't think we were "meant to be". I just know that I would rather be married to nobody else than Dave. And, God has blessed us TREMENDOUSLY in our 6 year journey together. Saturday November 22nd is our 6 year anniversary, and I can hardly remember life without him. (Or more accurately, I wish I couldn't remember life without him.)
Toodles for now. I'm off to get something productive done today like clean my house and get the oil changed in my car.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby Mair » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58:37

I see I've repeated myself a lot so sorry.
And a side note...I've adjusted to being unemployed by Qwest. I adjusted QUICKLY!!!
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby madd74 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:47:21

Mair wrote:I did get a little stern with one of them when I asked if we could get to his phone box.
haha, isn't that how you had defined your customer service, a little "tough love"? :mrgreen:

Mair wrote:Thanks for the kind words, Madd.
You are welcome.

Mair wrote:so if he's been behaving himself at all (which I doubt) it's on his own accord or someone else is keeping him in line
:big massive cheesy grin:

Mair wrote:I see I've repeated myself a lot so sorry.
I thought it looked rather familiar.

Mair wrote:And a side note...I've adjusted to being unemployed by Qwest. I adjusted QUICKLY!!!
-lol-
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby cmplxty7 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 17:30:29

As somebody who tries to keep up a family with somebody who works for Qwest, I have to say I am very happy for you! I know that Madd likes his job for the most part, and with the market I am thankful we both have jobs...but it seems that I will never be free from the craziness of Qwest, and I don't even work there! So HOORAY for you (and Dave)! =D>
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Postby Mair » Thu Nov 20, 2008 17:46:34

Yes, Madd does seem to like the job from hell which I don't get. So many folks said "If management would only start treating us like humans..." and while it would help make life a lot nicer I would still loathe the job.
Thanks for your congratulations. I'm VERY excited!!!! Just about to finish up my first week as a stay at home wife. SO far...LOVING it! Dave's friend wants us to come over some night in the next couple of weeks. I said, "Dave I'm completely free so you go ahead and pick which day you want." That felt so strange yet so amazing to be able to say.
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Outer Unbound