I love this new CD!!

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

I love this new CD!!

Postby madd74 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 21:07:18

I do not make audio CD very often, usually because it takes a few weeks (or years, hehe) to do so. For my own personal collection, I have made three CDs. For other people, I have made three, one for Myles (that took over two years) and two for Spark. Both of the Spark CDs were for his birthday, while Myles' CD was simply a gift.

One of the large complications I run into, is the time it takes to make the cover art. Being a perfectionist, I tend to take a lot of time in making the CD art as close to perfect as possible.

The other thing I work at is the track listings. With the first CD I did, the actual location of the tracks to each other was not as thought out as possible, howeer that has been worked on with my other two for me, and of course, the three for Myles and Spark.

With most CDs that I make, whether video game or other, certain tracks are specific songs. The special tracks generally are 6, 13, and 18. The first and last tracks normally follow a close pattern as well.

So, with the latest CD that I am working on, I have the most edited songs of any CD I have made to date. By editing songs, I mean taking an original work, and looping sections (copying a part of a song, and carefully pasting it back into the song to make a seemless loop). In fact, this is the first time (song wise at least) that I have actually taken two different songs and put put them together. If not for the quality difference between the two tracks, the human ear would not be able to hear the transition from one song to another.

So, I am really excited about this new CD, working title "Warrior's Burn". It has two tracks from Stingray, as well as my very own piece of work that I am proud of doing. I am not sure if the track arrangement is where I want it, and I am attempting to work on preventing too many blocks of related work (i.e. two different Final Fantasy pieces together), with the exception of "setup songs" (like Happiest Days of Our Lives is a "setup" song on the radio to Another Brick Part in the Wall part II). I have not decided on the cover art for this CD yet, and I am not 100% that the current track listing will be the final one. I shall see, soon!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: I love this new CD!!

Postby monkeybone » Wed Mar 19, 2008 22:43:38

i really would like to hear this cd!

and, uhm, you made a cd for me as well. (it took one year:) i haven't checked the numbered tracks, but the first and last tracks are related. the first is "lust for life" and it ends with 2 versions of "boobies"

alas, no cover art .... but, i was so happy to *finally* get the cd, i certainly didn't care then, and don't now.

when can i get a copy of the new one???
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 22:56:09

Oh CRAP!! I totally forgot about that :'( I am extremely sorry, I *do* remember making you a DVD, I had forgotten about the CD. I am not sure you would dig this CD, as it is pure video game music. Granted, some of the video game music is orchestrated, and that might appeal to more humans. A good indication, is go to the File section here, as the "Zeldo" and "Blood of Ganon" tracks made it to the CD. If either/or of those tracks you enjoy, then you might enjoy the CD.

Yeah, Myles did not get any cover art either when I made his CD. I am really grooving the current CD, except the fact that Windows Media Player forces 2 seconds into the end of each track. When you have 30+ tracks, that is over an entire minute of silence that could otherwise be good music! To compensate for now, I threw a rough CD together, and took one of the tracks and cut it in half (since the track repeated a second time) to make up for all that dead air I had forced on the disc (as I do not have my program that I used to make your CD and a few others in the past). So this CD would be considered the "final draft" (not to mention, I was dying to actually hear it in my car). When I make the master final copy, I will have two disc, and would be happy to give you the final draft as I will not require it.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby monkeybone » Wed May 21, 2008 22:41:55

how is this project progressing?

yes, i'm not a gamer, but i think i'd like to hear it anyway. i've heard some game music from family and friends who play .........
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Fri May 23, 2008 19:53:04

Well, it appears I only duplicated one song, so I am extremely happy for that. I am going to find my real CD burning software so I can reclaim the lost dead air, and then I can get you the CD.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Return to Outer Unbound