From "Happy Birthday Mair !" to "leet"

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

From "Happy Birthday Mair !" to "leet"

Postby monkeybone » Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:56:55

leet?

do tell
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Re: Happy Birthday Mair !

Postby madd74 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 23:54:59

monkeybone wrote:leet?

do tell

Leet

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leet (written as 31337, 1337, and l33t), or Leetspeak, is a written argot used primarily on the Internet, which uses various combinations of alphanumerics to replace Latinate letters. The term itself is a degenerate form of the word "elite", and the usage it describes is a specialized form of shorthand. Initially, the word leet was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community. In that usage, Leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person. From adjective form its use then expanded to include use as an expletive in reaction to a demonstration of the former qualities. With the mass proliferation of Internet use in the 1990s into the 21st century, Leet has since become a part of Internet culture and slang.[1] Leet may also be considered a substitution cipher, albeit with much variation from user to user.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Happy Birthday Mair !

Postby Mair » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:09:00

madd74 wrote:
monkeybone wrote:leet?

do tell

Leet

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leet (written as 31337, 1337, and l33t), or Leetspeak, is a written argot used primarily on the Internet, which uses various combinations of alphanumerics to replace Latinate letters. The term itself is a degenerate form of the word "elite", and the usage it describes is a specialized form of shorthand. Initially, the word leet was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community. In that usage, Leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person. From adjective form its use then expanded to include use as an expletive in reaction to a demonstration of the former qualities. With the mass proliferation of Internet use in the 1990s into the 21st century, Leet has since become a part of Internet culture and slang.[1] Leet may also be considered a substitution cipher, albeit with much variation from user to user.

THIS IS OFF TOPIC!!!!! The subject is "Happy Birthday Mair !"

:p :p :p :p
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: From "Happy Birthday Mair !" to "leet"

Postby madd74 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 17:19:11

You aer totally correct, and I apologize for not staying on topic... I have corrected my error :mrgreen:
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: From "Happy Birthday Mair !" to "leet"

Postby Mair » Mon Dec 03, 2007 19:10:55

I see this now. Thanks!
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Outer Unbound