The Big Day

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

The Big Day

Postby madd74 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 17:34:04

Well, the day came, and I started to get prepared. I had a list I was looking at:
  • lawn
  • garage
  • high chair
  • cake
  • book
  • diner

Lawn: Well, this was me taking care of the front, and having it look nice for when Jen got home. I had to mow about 4 times, and made about 14 trips to the back to dump the bag. Those flipping leaves fill up fast. I found running over them again and again at least chopped them up to save me about 1/95 room, hehehe. The outcome? She did not even notice when she got home :sigh: Oh well! :D

High Chair: One of her gifts, and the only rational way I could buy this wooden chair. If it was about $60 would have been one thing, however, it goes beyond all my logic to just get this at the price it otherwise was at. It took forever to get it in my car. I had to take Jarin out and relocate him. Talk about a massive female dog, I am extremely lucky I got it in Alex. It took me about seven minutes, I believe. After I got home, it took a little while to get it out also.

Cake: This includes ice cream, the cake was easy to get and have ready... minus the fireworks, as I could not find a lighter for the life of me, and I even just saw one as I was cleaning the garage. Oh well... now just want to make sure that cake does not go to waste!

Book While not as excited for as the chair, I could tell she liked it, and thankful, finding it was easy, and luckily, it was not sold out. Something that went fast and smooth for me, sweet!

Dinner: The "big deal". I really do not belong in the world of dress up, however since this was for her birthday, I was able to do so without going insane. The dinner itself, including tip, cost me a days worth of work. Everything was well, even though honestly for that price, I think our steaks could have been better. I only say this because I still remember the time at Texas Road house when I had the steak there that was almost better than the pork they have... a great feat in my world. Everything was a la cart, making it more expensive. While the steak was not a $30+ steak, the service itself was well over that. They really make sure you get your money's worth from the very moment you walk in the door. This is possibly the most outstanding service I have ever seen in a restaurant. Next time I go there, however, I get the pork! I would not mind that seafood side either, if it was not $55 for two, hehehe! Oh yeah, the bread was killer.

Garage: She really wanted to be able to part in the garage while I was in there. Stuff laying about made this not possible. I moved things more pack-like, even did some sweeping. While the sweeping was not done, I could tell the happiness when we got home from dinner.

So, it was a good day. No one yelled or screamed at each other, either, so an extra bonus :D Jen did not make it through House, which is too bad as it was an excellent episode. Good thing we taped it.

Thanks again to everyone who gave ideas and signed the card!!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: The Big Day

Postby madd74 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 17:41:51

oh yeah...

Birthday Card: Talk about a female dog... why in the world this is not everyone on the net is beyond me (so I think I will make one). Getting the thing finally done took a while, and getting around to posting every single human on her myspace page took possibly longer... would have been better had I not done it the day before... oh well, I still had a good turnout. Of course, the music that plays requires q Quicktime plugin for Firefox, the only browser that Jen uses. So I installed it, and could NOT get it to work for the life of me, despite it working on MY computer :sigh: My flipping word, no wonder I forgot to mention this before it brings up painful memories. hEhEhE!! Oh well, so I made a note, stored it on my website, had it bookmarked on startup in Firefox stating something about "IE works so much better, try that!" and of course, after she got home, and saw me downstairs attempting to build the chair together (yes I said build), and having cake, up to the computer she went. That all went through great, and it took her a while to realize what it really was. So, a lot of effort, a lot of support, a lot of love, and worth it.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Outer Unbound