Mother in law

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

Mother in law

Postby Mair » Thu Nov 08, 2007 21:46:06

I do not EVEN have the time to write about (nor do you to read about) the ways of my mother in law. She is the most SELFISH ALL-ABOUT-ME individual I have EVER met in my entire life. She will literally do whatever it takes to bring attention to herself. She doesn't even care if it's positive or negative. As long as it's attention, she doesn't care. She's gone so far as to try to break up my marriage before it was even a year old. (4 years ago this past Tuesday)
So, she will wait months and then try to call. WHEN we don't answer the phone, she leaves pity messages that she's just missing her family and she wants to talk and blah blah blah. Now, it's not just the comment she makes...it's the "I feel sorry for myself" tone she carries with it. I have absolutely HAD it with her. We got into a HUMONGOUS fight when she visited us over 2 years ago because she spent the ENTIRE day bashing Dave (my husband-her son) because she wanted me to feel sorry for her for what she had to put up with while raising him. At one point, she even had me crying because I felt so horrible for hearing what she was telling me (Dave was NOT present). When Dave did enter the picture, she didn't shut her mouth to spare his feelings...BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FREAKING CARE!!! I FINALLY blew up at her because I had had ENOUGH!!! I haven't talked to her since.
Well, I'm going off today because she called tonight (after having not called for MONTHS) and left a message (because we were both working. However, even if we were home we wouldn't have answered although she wouldn't have known we were there) with irritation in her voice like I haven't heard in awhile. She said "I'm just calling because I'm trying to talk to my kids!" Oh she was irritated.
Firstly, I AM NOT YOUR FREAKING KID!!! She and Dave's dad are constantly referring to themselves as Mom and Dad Y, and I've informed them multiple times that I don't appreciate it and I will NEVER call them mom and dad.
Secondly, are we supposed to be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring and it be her???? What in the HECK IS HER PROBLEM?????
Well, I know what it is, but I'm so sick of her and she doesn't even live near me!!!! She literally makes my blood boil!!! :mad:
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: Mother in law

Postby ditzwill » Fri Nov 09, 2007 16:03:09

I have learned that with some special people, you have to forgive them on a regular basis just so that you can continue your existance w/out having the negative impact of hate in your life.

Believe you me, sister, I feel your pain. I'm glad you're able to vent it out.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Postby Mair » Fri Nov 09, 2007 18:02:47

and thank you for listening.
You hit the nail RIGHT on the head about forgiving people everyday. I have to forgive her everytime I think about her even she hasn't done anything recently. The woman is just bad bad bad news.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby monkeybone » Fri Nov 09, 2007 20:24:58

ditzwill wrote:I have learned that with some special people, you have to forgive them on a regular basis just so that you can continue your existance w/out having the negative impact of hate in your life.

thank you for this insight. it touches so many different situations.
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby ditzwill » Sat Nov 10, 2007 0:32:21

Any insight I have on life has only been gained thru much pain and prayer.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Postby Mair » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:30:23

A-Men! I hear that!!!!
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Outer Unbound