Coke v Water

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

Coke v Water

Postby sewcute » Sun Oct 14, 2007 14:42:07

I saw this and was reminded of a convo between Mair and stingray about coke and cleaning the toilet. . .

Water Or Coke ???
Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Re: Coke v Water

Postby Stingray » Mon Oct 15, 2007 18:10:28

Thanks for pulling this up! My roommate says he's tried the Coke-in-toilet thing and it didn't work, but I'm still tempted to see it for myself!

sewcute wrote:I saw this and was reminded of a convo between Mair and stingray about coke and cleaning the toilet. . .

Water Or Coke ???
Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
"The world is my oyster!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" - Ghaleon
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Postby sewcute » Mon Oct 15, 2007 18:48:50

I should try it ;) my toilet needs a cleaning ;)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby ditzwill » Tue Nov 13, 2007 15:20:09

Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Postby madd74 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 18:15:35

sewcute wrote:I should try it ;) my toilet needs a cleaning ;)
Actually, when I was in my apartment, I just put in some bleech... that kept it nice and clean!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby monkeybone » Wed Nov 21, 2007 20:22:22

bleach tablets for the tank - they are awesome!! i love the lovely whiff of bleach at every flush.
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Return to Outer Unbound