Totally Bummed

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

Re: Totally Bummed

Postby Mair » Thu Oct 04, 2007 14:27:59

YAY! Wednesday was my weight watcher day when I was faithfully attending meetings. I NEVER missed!!!
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Thu Oct 04, 2007 18:14:19

that was the listed day. Plus it's already my "day off" from work
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Thu Oct 04, 2007 18:37:58

wednesdays are special days. I hope you LOVE it.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Thu Oct 04, 2007 19:07:31

why are Wednesday's special?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

PS

Postby sewcute » Thu Oct 04, 2007 19:08:11

There are some weight watchers communities on lj, so you could use that instead of meetings since you aren't going to them.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Thu Oct 04, 2007 20:10:54

Wednesdays are special because they were always my sacred WW day.

I'll have to check out the WW communities on LJ. That would be enlightening.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:16:48

plus then you could have the benefits of going to a meeting without having to actually GO!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:09:38

That's true.

The leader really is what makes the actual meetings effective for me. My first leader, Susie, inspired me SO much. When I would get discouraged, I would email her and she would help me. I think the world of her. I know I'm the one that did the actual work, but I completely dedicate my first 52 lbs loss to her. I couldn't have done it without her.
Then I quit...gained 15 lbs back in the snap of 2 fingers. I went back (Susie had taken a promotion with WW and was no longer doing meetings) and didn't like the leader. I quit...went back again...REALLY didn't like the leader. I quit and went back again and mostly didn't like the leader. I guess I was comparing everyone to Susie. Nobody was passionate about it the way Susie is/was. Plus, my heart was no longer in it.
So, now I'm not even going to bother. I KNOW I won't find a leader I like. And I'm so motivated the lose the weight NOW that I don't need the inspiration of leaders. HOWEVER, I know I'll get discouraged sometime in the near future and want to give up. THis way...I can find the WW groups on LJ and be inspired again and maybe inspire others. Thanks for the idea. (and for listening to me ramble.)
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Fri Oct 05, 2007 20:13:22

you don't have Susie's email addy any more?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:21:02

Actually, yes I do, but she's not real available. She went in for a hysterectomy exactly 2 years ago. We emailed about once a week until that point. I never heard from her again. I sent her a get well card in the mail and sent her an email telling her to email me when she gets back on her feet and I'm praying for her recovery.
Well, I found something on this forum about coffee drinkers that made me think of her, so I sent it to her. this was the first correspondance we'd had in 2 years, so I of couse didn't expect to hear back from her. But, she emailed me back right away telling me she would email me later in the week telling what's going on in her life. So like more than a month later, I finally got the email.
Seriously, weight watchers treats their employees like absolute crap with all of their demands. Susie needed a hysterectomy because of problems she was having. She couldn't even pick up her 2 year old grand son because her back was hurting so bad. She could hardly move, but weight watchers refused to let her have the time off until Thanksgiving. They told her to do it that week (don't know if you know but it's a 6 wk recovery time). Are you joking? I think she ended up doing it in October, but they put up quite the fight. Amazing.
So, now that the ice has been broken, I'll email her on ocassion, but she is SO busy. She has a hard time keeping her end of communication open. So, I can't expect anything from her.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby sewcute » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:22:26

at least you have SOME communication with her!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Mair » Sun Oct 07, 2007 15:27:35

Eh, Not really. I went 2 years with NOTHING which broke my heart. I did hear back from her 2 weeks ago, but I don't expect to again. We'll see.
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby ditzwill » Tue Nov 13, 2007 17:27:29

Dude, there is no way you've ever had Ann Cedars as a leader if you haven't had an inspiring leader since your first one. Ann is one of the most inspiring people I've ever met. She's at the Sherwood Forest office.

I've worked really hard to become comfortable with who I am. When I go to Weight Watchers, it makes me obsess about my weight and appearance again. I don't like that. I need to find a happy medium.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Postby sewcute » Tue Nov 13, 2007 18:36:15

I heard that the one at Sherwood forest is too big, the group is.

the thing I love about my WW meeting is that peopel are SO different!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Previous

Return to Outer Unbound