Good Morning,

This is the general forum, meaning, that anything can be talked about here. If there is another forum specific to something, please put it there. Also, technical support is not handled through here so don't ask tech support about Maddian things. Tech support on other things can be fine if there is not already a forum for it.
Forum rules
Please do not go off topic in this forum! Respect the people who start topics by staying on topic as best as you can. if you go off topic, please report your post so that a moderator can move it as quick as possible. Also, while this is a general disscusion forum, it is still discussion. Please refrain from quick replies (1-8 word responses). That is what the totally random subforum is for, thank you!

Good Morning,

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28:42

Hello all, what's new in your world, I think Spring is finally arriving here, we've had some nice days, grass is green again and starting to grow, lovely time of year.
I started a second Forum a couple of weeks ago and up to 16 members already, yay me. Has kept me busy getting it up and running and advertising it.
Looks like I get this coming week off still and then back to work full time, more money/less free time for online work. So what have I missed here?
Cpt. Blackbeard
Random Toad

Re: Good Morning,

Postby madd74 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 16:22:59

Yes, it is spring in Iowa also. Blanket of snow one day, 40+ degree weather the next :D You have yet another forum? What was wrong with your old one and what made you decide for another?

I would like a week off... I almost took a day off yesterday by coming in at the totally wrong time ><

I would not say you have missed much. I had been working on my cousin's website. I wish I would put that much dedication into my own website :lol: I attempted to setup an arcade bot so when I posted games it would come under them as opposed to my own account. Some strange things were happening in my ACP. I just do not get it. Technology wins, I am going to go dig a hole and crawl in it.

Wake me when we beat the machines...
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 16:55:15

Winter is fighting back, 20 degrees colder today than just two days ago, but I'm confident by June we'll be complaining about the heat.

Not a thing wrong with my Pirate site, I still consider it my home, but a new Gym opened locally and I started working out there and eating less to get back in shape and lose some weight and figured a Forum for it would let me share with others and hopefully learn some things as well.
If it's a success I'll still keep the Pirates afloat.

I've learned a great deal since I launched it code wise as well, I now know how to edit code and I'm figuring out pretty much what does what with all the editing.
Oh I'm still a beginner but I finally have the Foundation laid to build from, so nice not to have to ask somebody to do things for me every time I get an idea. I added a Ranks page to it today, looks pretty cool.
Cpt. Blackbeard
Random Toad

Postby madd74 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:17:36

Winter is... well, I do not want to say dead, because I live in Iowa, however I will note that I am confident winder has been kidney punched enough times that we shall not see it again until next season. Oh, it will not even take June for people around here to complain about heat. Something has to be complained about!

Oh, so you made a forum out of the kindess of your own heart for another. That is neat-o of you :D I could use to lose some weight, or at least be in shape. Bud Light is starting to show, and some pants already are near impossible to fit in any more!

Well that is good you learned some coding. Being able to edit your own code, as I have found, makes working on your website less stressful and just appears to be a better deal all around :) Oh a rank page, how nice. I think I was thinking of adding one at some point. Eh, as you can see it took forever for me to just reply to this, so my priorities are obviously unaligned.

On that note, thank you very much for your contibutions to my board and forum. I do appreciate it, and remind me to actually sign up for yours 8)
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » Tue Dec 11, 2012 21:51:16

and remind me to actually sign up for yours

Remind Remind http://cptblackbeard.com/Forum/index.php
LOL (OK, Not my reason for visiting :) )

Ahoy Matey, what's new? Couldn't get on here for so long I almost forgot it, doesn't look like much has happened here. Hope all is well on your end. Merry Christmas!!
Cpt. Blackbeard
Random Toad

Postby madd74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:56:24

Hey, it is fine if it is your reason.

Well, yeah, not a whole lot going on of late, even from my own self, even though, I have done a lot of bot cleaning, and I will have a IP blacklist program from StopForumSpam.com which should stop them from even trying to visit. I found it because, ironically, the IP service I go through at work was registered on their service.

I think from the last time you had visited, I worked on my main page http://madd74.com. It slowly started to incorperate the forum user data there, and then the "universal" menu I have on all the main pages of my site.

Yeah, not much else of late due to... eh, who knows. I am going to go with brain damage. I have, however, been learning a mass amount of VBScript, HTA, and VBasic coding, and can do a lot of cool things that way (even though as of now, it is currently being used for local computer operations).

I really and totally appreciate you stopping by :) My next step was a FB Connect type thing. Maybe having my FB friends able to cross link their accounts would help them see to visit here more often?

[smilie=chop.gif] <~~ representation of them visiting if I did that

Yeah, what I thought :/
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby Cpt. Blackbeard » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32:19

My Forum is down to a couple of fairly regular users and a couple of not so frequent ones but it's home, not cheap but I like having it. I don't see your Arcade anymore, mine still works if you ever want to use it. AS I recall I let guests play it too, they just can't save scores.
Cpt. Blackbeard
Random Toad

Return to Outer Unbound