birthdays

Like, yeah, for real man! This is the TOTALLY random chat for those who like to totally random their thoughts in six words or less! Please keep i mind, it would be prefered you use http://madd74.com/chat/ for as opposed to "IM" through posts.

Moderator: ditzwill

Forum rules
This forum is for extremely random chat. Be warned that posting in here means people may go off topic! Please keep i mind, it would be prefered you use http://madd74.com/chat/ as opposed to "IM"ing through posts.

birthdays

Postby Mair » Tue Oct 30, 2007 17:30:08

ditzwill wrote:
Mair wrote:I just think that if a kid gets a big party every year then they grow up expecting it and being ungrateful. I see this attitude already being displayed in my cousin's child.

I pretty much downplay birthdays and try not to get excited about them anymore because of this very concept. When I was younger, my mom always threw big birthday parties with lots of presents for my sister and I. She would also make sure to make the entire day special for us a lot of ways. We could eat whatever we wanted for each meal and such.

My dad is pretty much the opposite so when I moved in with him as a teenager there weren't any big birthday bashes and it was depressing as hell. If I ever wanted a party I had to throw it myself. To this day I still throw my own parties if I want one, secretly wishing that someone else cared enough to do it for me. One year I decided my birthday was going to last all week long, and partied it up the whole time. hehehe :) I also do my best to make other people's birthdays as special as possible for the entire day.

My 30th birthday sucked eggs. I wanted so badly to throw a huge party, but just didn't have any money. Then I was so depressed I couldn't throw a party, that I put off inviting anyone out to Billy's until the last minute so that no one showed up while we (my fiance and I) were there. Madd showed up after I left, but he was the only one.

Um...I guess I'm done babbling. :)

My mom never made a HUGE ordeal but she did what she could to make sure we had our special day. I remember she came and took me out of school when I was in 3rd grade and took me to McDonalds for lunch (and then right back to school).
I threw myself a surprise party for my 17th birthday. It was actually a surprise for my mom because I came home from a school function that evening and brought TONS of friends AND their parents with me. My mom was only prepared with a SMALL cake and a half gallon of ice cream. It was fun, though. We all just hung out at my house for a small bit.
I make a HUGE deal for my birthday, but not to everyone. It's just important to me that I enjoy the whole day and then for my hubby and I to go to dinner. (and when I say enjoy the whole day...it means eat to my heart's content).
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: birthdays

Postby ditzwill » Wed Oct 31, 2007 16:26:55

My birthday is in August so I never even got to get out of school.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Re: birthdays

Postby Mair » Wed Oct 31, 2007 16:29:59

oh now that sucks. Oh well...at least you didn't have to go to school for your birthday, but you never got to take treats either :(
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Totally Random