Death of man who was told brain tumour pain was ear wax

For all that is, and ever will be Pink Floyd. One of my top two loves in existance is Pink Floyd, thus they get a special place in my electronic world. Please note that other music can be chatted about here, but only in relation to Pink Floyd.

Death of man who was told brain tumour pain was ear wax

Postby madd74 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 14:35:21

A FATHER told by doctors that his headaches were caused by ear wax when he was suffering from a brain tumour has died.
Lyn Barton

Steph Girvan was told five times that his medical problems were as a result of nothing more serious than ear wax before a tumour the size of a snooker ball was detected.
Following surgery and radiotherapy, father-of-five Mr Girvan, originally from Scotland but now living in Rotherham, was given the all-clear but his tumour returned and he was told he had just six-months to live. He had said: "I'm Scottish, I was raised on Irn Brew and breeze blocks and nails for breakfast so I'm determined a little tumour was not going to beat me."
The 41-year-old security guard Mr Girvan died in Sheffield's Weston Park Hospital with his sister Carole, 36, at his bedside.
His wife, Debbie, 24, said afterwards: "He died peacefully with his sister at his side reading to him the Bible.
"Steph fought this thing every step of the way. He had been written off by the doctors so many times but he just kept battling.
"He didn't want to die and he did his best to stay with us. He was the bravest man in the world.
"He will be buried in his favourite clothes, his Sex Pistols T-shirt and his track suit bottoms and the music will be Pink Floyd's Shine On Your Crazy Diamond and Lynryd Skynyrd's Freebird."
Mr Girvan has a two-year-old daughter, Jasmine, with his current wife and children by a previous relationship.
Mrs Girvan is understood to be still considering legal action.

02 October 2004

Source

I think I will take Any Colour You Like, ending with a good old classic of 6 min 24 seconds, Comfortably Numb.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby ditzwill » Thu Aug 10, 2006 16:37:00

Whoa, dude, that's just bizzarre. And people wonder why I don't go to the doctor.

I would definitely take Any Colour You Like and probably some other Floyd songs, but not Comfortably Numb because after I die I'm going to be more alive than ever.
Everyone should be a non-conformist.
:eating:
ditzwill
Keyboard Smasher

Return to Madd Side of the Moon