Promo Pink Floyd Pig from 1977 reborn

For all that is, and ever will be Pink Floyd. One of my top two loves in existance is Pink Floyd, thus they get a special place in my electronic world. Please note that other music can be chatted about here, but only in relation to Pink Floyd.

Promo Pink Floyd Pig from 1977 reborn

Postby madd74 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 13:05:17

___ Once upon a time, EMI in France came up with the idea of a life-size promo pig to promote Pink Floyd's album release 'Animals, but how does a promo pig adapt to the 21st century? With many thanks to Starman, who has shared these photos with us, you can see one lucky pig has been reborn as a potato crisp holder in a Butchers shop near Toulouse, France. Starman said, "The shop owner was a big Pink Floyd fan in her youth and always gets asked to sell her precious plastic pig, she got it by dating a man who worked at a record shop, somewhere in the late 70's. She discovered Pink Floyd with him, but they broke up later; but they stayed good friends. When some "cleaning" was needed in the shop, she was given the pig. She remembered that some cardboard stands of 'The Wall, replaced the pig, but doesn't know what happened later because she moved with her husband." The last photo (down the right of this page) is from the 'Interstellar Exhibition held in Paris 03/04, the 12" (width) gap along the top was to pack with copies of the 'Animals album. Many thanks to Starman for sharing this great story and pics.

Full story with pictures from Roger Waters Online
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Madd Side of the Moon