Looking to Floyd

For all that is, and ever will be Pink Floyd. One of my top two loves in existance is Pink Floyd, thus they get a special place in my electronic world. Please note that other music can be chatted about here, but only in relation to Pink Floyd.

Looking to Floyd

Postby madd74 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:18:07

ARTIST: ANATHEMA

ALBUM: A NATURAL DISASTER

If progressive rock and ambient music were a street that a doom-metal access road crossed at its northern end, "A Natural Disaster" would mark the intersection. The seventh full-length from Liverpool, England's Anathema delivers a sorrowful treatise that marries Type O Negative dirges and Pink Floyd atmospheres on "Harmonium," then slips into muted, Opeth-style urgency on "Balance." A vocoder transforms the lyrics to "Closer" into one long electro murmur. "Childhood Dream" brings a touch of warmth that "Pulled Under at 2000 Meters a Second" shatters when it bursts into energy. The piano-led "Violence," with its sparse tinklings, offers light -- however dim -- at the end of the tunnel. "Disaster" is morbid, it's draining, it's yearning. We can't wait to go home and brood in a corner with it.

The full Yahoo story
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Madd Side of the Moon