PULSE - a truly live recording?

For all that is, and ever will be Pink Floyd. One of my top two loves in existance is Pink Floyd, thus they get a special place in my electronic world. Please note that other music can be chatted about here, but only in relation to Pink Floyd.

PULSE - a truly live recording?

Postby Stingray » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:09:00

I listen to my Yahoo radio here at work, and recently it's been playing quite a few songs from the "Pulse" album. (I still remember when it first hit the shelves and Entertainment Tonight was talking about the whole blinking light thing - way before I was even into music). It has been labelled a live album, but I heard "High Hopes" on there and it sounded like almost a another take of the studio version. The vocals and acoustic guitar in particular sounded WAY too clean to be a live recording. I'm not too familiar with the entire album, but I have heard people talk about the discrepancy of if it is indeed a live recording overall. Is it supposed to completely live?

-StB
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Re: PULSE - a truly live recording?

Postby madd74 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:47:11

It is completely live, and when you are The Floyd, and can blow up 200 foot televisions for all of your shows and then some, you can afford to have equipment that makes your live stuff sound wonderfully close to a studio version. I have P.U.L.S.E. on VHS, DVD, and CD
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby PiperTheMad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:01:00

Isn't it incredible when a band or artist is so talented that their performances sound near perfect.

There are a lot of artists out there who only sound good after a lot of altering. I absolutely agree that Pink Floyd was not one of these groups. Very talented. =D>
(Piper the Friendly)
Specializing in Preschool and Day Care software. Also Find a Daycare or Preschool - Hawaii.
PiperTheMad
Cheese Taster

Postby madd74 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 17:40:00

:) Yes, I do agree, there are not too many bands or artists that sound that wonderful. While many would simply say I am bias in my Floyd thoughts, well, I think the millions and millions out there help back up my point!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby PiperTheMad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39:43

agreed.
(Piper the Friendly)
Specializing in Preschool and Day Care software. Also Find a Daycare or Preschool - Hawaii.
PiperTheMad
Cheese Taster

Return to Madd Side of the Moon