Why do people have to lie versus answering truthfully?

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

Why do people have to lie versus answering truthfully?

Postby Mair » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48:36

So I get a call today...let's call the customer Jill (Even though when I asked her name, she said "Doug's wife")
Her call forwarding wasn't working. When she dialed *72 and then put the number in she wanted calls to be forwarded to she got a busy signal. That indicates the trouble is with the number she wants to forward calls to because if the problem was with call forwarding, she would've gotten the busy immediately following the *72. So, I asked if she is able to receive calls when you call the cell phone directly. Oh she got VERY snotty and said "YES!!!" and the proceeded to repeat the problem to me. So, I said I understood the problem I'm just trying to get information to trouble shoot with her. She freaked out on me telling me she doesn't appreciate my being snipping and having an attitude. I apologized and told her I'm sorry it sounded that way because that's not how it was intended.I was simply trying to help her. She continued to tell me how rude I was to which I replied to that with another apology explaining I didn't mean it how it sounded. So then she asked for my manager. Of course. So I paged the duty manager and waited and waited. So I checked back with "jill" and asked if she wanted to continue to wait or if she wanted a call back. So then she started yelling at me that she's been on the phone trying to take care of this forever and has already talked to 5 people. And then she went into how rude I was so I DID get snippy telling her I've already apologized to her and I don't know what more she wants. She said she wanted me to continue helping her. So I did some more trouble shooting and asking questions. JUST TO FIND OUT...She can't receive calls on her cell phone. OH MY GOSH!!! All of that WOULD have been avoided if she would've just told me the truth at the beginning of the call! Yes, she may not have known that she couldn't receive calls on her cell phone, but she can't so obviously she hasn't received any calls on it. So she should've just said she didn't know. Instead of matter of factly that YES she can. So, I told her she needs to contact her wireless provider. I LOVED when she told me that it is Qwest that I got to transfer her YET AGAIN just to add to the aggravation that she created herself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mair
Smut Killer

Re: Why do people have to lie versus answering truthfully?

Postby madd74 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 15:02:18

Humans lie, due to the underlying fact that every single one of us have this program that attempts to preserve protection to the self. Now, some humans are better than others at using different programs (humility, compassion, etc) that can go against this. In your customer?s case, she had very little, if any, of these others. No one likes to be wrong, however, some of us can accept that it happens, while again, your customer is lacking in this department. There could be a lot of other things. She could just be mentally ill. Maybe Euthanasia is required for your customer.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Why do people have to lie versus answering truthfully?

Postby Mair » Sun Sep 16, 2007 16:19:41

I think that sounds like a good plan.
I still don't get it. If she would've just told me the truth...we would've had that taken care if less than 1/4 of the time.
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Black Box