Vacation for the Brain

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

Vacation for the Brain

Postby madd74 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 16:53:10

I have felt that every human (even Madd) requires a vacation at some point. I think it is as important for couples to have vacation time from each other, as in totally (minus emergancies). I think one of the problems that humans face, is that when they are with each other (most notably marriage) that they have this feeling it is wrong to want to spend time away. There is an article about general vacation here:

Psychology Today - Why the Brain Needs a Break (need is not my word, haha)

Some good stuff that humans could benefit from, in my opinion.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby sewcute » Wed Sep 27, 2006 18:33:00

I would agree with that. . .although at this point all I want it to spend time with Scott.

I think it's also nice to get time away from a person so that you can miss them, and remember why you want to be with them so much. . .I think that people don't take that time, so they can never miss their significant other. And I am talking more than just not seeing each other during a work day.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 18:46:02

I would imagine, however, that is only because in a sense, you are experiencing an extended vacation from him as it is. To be totally honest, I think a lot of married people would benefit from just up and taking a day or so away from their spouse. A part of this is in lieu of what you said, that reminder when you miss them.

I agree, more than just a simple work day.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Wed Sep 27, 2006 18:53:16

I guess I shall let you know once I am married ;)

Although there is a part of me that feels like we could be together everyday for a year and not get sick of each other. But that is just cause we are silly like that.

As it is now, when we do see each other, it's not like it's us, us, us. If we go home, we are not by each other all the time. If we are hanging out with friends we aren't attached at the hip, and that is SO nice.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 17:01:35

Most people feel that because they get married they can handle each other until death do they part, and honestly, that is one of the biggest mistakes of any thought out marriage. 50+ years is a long time. Take the greatest food you have ever eaten, and eat it the same day over and over again, and tell me what you think of it. While food and humans are different, it goes to show that things we absolutely love have potential to get to us when we have it for extended periods of time.

Then there is that whole, couples think that they can work through everything, and when one is down, the other one can "fix" that. It does not usually work that way. Some times, a person just requires some space. Despite human beings being very dependant on external human contact, there comes a time when one wants alone time.

For you and Scott, you have absolutely no experience being around each other all the time, as you are far apart. The fact you have space right now even after being away so long, yet it works for you both, and that is extremely positive and in both of your favors.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Thu Sep 28, 2006 17:14:13

The food thing is somewhat true, but is it cooked the SAME way everytime? :P cause I LOVE Salmmon, but if it's cooked the same way all the time it bugs me, but if it's different than I could probably handle it :P

We have been around each other for long stretches at a time though, close to a week, quite a few of hte times we have hung out, others have been short/long weekends, ie 2-3 days, so I think we have had a good mix. . .but once he moves here hopefully BEFORE Christmas, we shall see how it is living together!)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to Black Box