Paranoia

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

Paranoia

Postby nyquildreamer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:54:32

I'm terribly worried there may be something wrong with my brain. Since you guys seem to enjoy discussing this sort of stuff, and since I don't actually know any of you, here's the situation:

As the topic name suggests, I have become increasingly paranoid about things that I cannot even fathom being paranoid about after the fact. Silly little things, like a car behind me at night or someone I don't know (or do) looking at me.

I am always a bit nervous around groups of people, and more and more I have been starting to feel almost ill (I think it's panic) when surrounded by people I do not know.

I do not take myself seriously, and so when I present myself with my fears, I start to laugh, which makes me worry more that something is amiss. And I have taken up talking to myself as if I were talking with other people almost whenever I am alone.

I want to cry almost all the time. I have a great longing to break down in someone's arms, but my paranoia prevents me from truly opening up to my friends. I fear that my vulnerability will set me in a different light.

I want to speak with a professional, and I only hope my fears can be overcome to seek counsel.

DISCUSS!
nyquildreamer
Random Violence

Postby madd74 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 14:02:15

maybe something tramatic has happened in your life of late? that could cause something like this to happen.

as for being nervous around people, there are many cases of anxiety in group situations, when someone is in front of a lot of people, and even one on one situations. you could be suffering from that as well.

dependsing on your age, this could just be a phase as well, seeking the help of a professional may help.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Black Box