drunk drivers probation isn't strict enough

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

drunk drivers probation isn't strict enough

Postby babs44 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:38:51

If a person is on adult supervised probation for 3 years and it states he/she can not enter any drinking establishments , consume any substance containing alcohol or leave the state in which they live with out permision from their probation officer, why is it not enforced? This person is also on 2 probation for an extreme DUI. The probation dept as well as the law enforcement agencies are aware of this person breaking probation. There are several drinking establishments that still serve this person knowing he/she is on probation , can they be held liable.
As the viciim I feel this person is skating by and no one in the enforcement area wishes to get involved unless something happens. I fear when he is drinking for my son and myself. But unless he is caught. oh well. I have a 15 year old who sees the way this is being handled and now laughs at the law. I guess when he is so intoxicated and kills someone while driving or comes to my home to get us thats when the law will kick in?Why is probation taken so lightly? Why is he allowed to drink and drive
babs44
Fetus

Postby dearest15 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:53:02

I completely agree with you in that yes, it should be enforced. Why it isn't, well I just simply don't have an answer for you. I don't know that anyone would. Our government and law enforcement fails us in alot of ways. In my opinion, it would almost be safe to say that their excuse for such act as you state is, too many ex-cons on probation to keep track of. Which, of course, is just not acceptable and it is just that, an excuse.

I fear for myself and my daughter as well. Yes, in my time I did drive drunk. Thankfully, I have never been in an accident but that doesn't make up for what I did. I just happen to be lucky. I believe that orginizations against drunk driving get more done than our own law enforcement. So I can be thankful for them. Also, drinking establishments or places that serve alcohol, should be held liable if they are aware someone is on probation due to a DUI. I mean, if they can close bars down for serving under age persons, why not shut them down for serving someone that could have taken or may have taken a life in their stupidity?

Unfortunately, there is no cure for this disease. However, if we get more people like you and I, and I'm sure there are others out there, maybe a difference will come out to be positive in the end or the future. All it takes is a little faith :)
dearest15
Random Violence

Return to Black Box