Paraskavedekatriaphobia Part 34

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

Paraskavedekatriaphobia Part 34

Postby madd74 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18:55

You know what pushes Friday the 13th well past being anything that could happen in real life, making it total... sci-fi and in no way believable?

Jack (Kevin Bacon) and Marcie (Jeannine Taylor) come at the same time :D

Did you know that the average sex time in the animal world is 8 seconds? Some of you ladies should really consider yourself lucky.

Well, it is that time yet again. Every year has two Friday the 13th's, however this year is special as Ft13 is on a non-leap year February, meaning that March gets it, meaning that October gets it. Of course, as I look out my window in the Iowa winder, I see this Ft13 also is getting dumped with snow.

Anyway, as anyone close to me knows, Ft13 is a celebrated holiday. I probably enjoy this day more than my own birthday, and almost Christmas (since it is not when Christ was actually born, but since it is at least a representation of it, I will let it win... for mow). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Ft13 will many times hit more than once a year. Or, maybe it is because in some buildings you will find floor 12 followed by 14 or 12.1. 12.1, are you flipping kidding me?? Who in the world do you people think you are fooling anyways? You think the "evil" spirits that lurk on the 13th floor of buildings, goes in the elevator, gets to 12 and then goes, "Now I will... what the... there is no 13th floor on this building! Drat!" What, you think they can't count? Get bent.

Anyway, there are approximately 17 to 21 million people who are "afraid" of this day. Wait, humans were the superior species on the planet, right? Okay, just checking. So back on the subject matter, maybe the reason I have celebrated this day has been due to the fact it goes against the norm in society. Actually, while I do not remember when it was, long ago back in my childhood after learning of what Ft13 was, I found that something(s) happened this specific day, making it lucky. Also keep in mind my second cat, the pet to this day most beloved, was a partial Siamese black cat named Wiskers. Yeah, it's spelled properly, so deal. So for most of my life, I was raised with a black cat running around.

The roots of this special day go all the way back to ancient myth. According to the book "Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things", author Charles Panati states,

Charles Panati wrote:The actual origin of the superstition, though, appears also to be a tale in Norse mythology. Friday is named for Frigga, the free-spirited goddess of love and fertility. When Norse and Germanic tribes converted to Christianity, Frigga was banished in shame to a mountaintop and labeled a witch. It was believed that every Friday, the spiteful goddess convened a meeting with eleven other witches, plus the devil - a gathering of thirteen - and plotted ill turns of fate for the coming week. For many centuries in Scandinavia, Friday was known as "Witches' Sabbath.

Add to the fact, that over the years, enough bad things happen, and well, you get crazy people thinking this day is evil on evil.

Of course, it is, hands down, Friday the 13th that has brought my baby into this world. I was out celebrating Ft13 on January 2006, and ran across a young lady who was born Friday November 13th. Well, it takes no math genius to add those up!

So I do hope that everyone is having a good and unsafe Friday the 13th, with much death, destruction, and mayham :twisted:

Oh, so you don't have to go look it up, "paraskavedekatriaphobia" is the medical definition of someone who has the fear of... you guessed it :)
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Paraskavedekatriaphobia Part 34

Postby Mair » Fri Feb 13, 2009 15:41:08

Thanks for this info. I will sleep much better knowing this :)
And I am not one that suffers from this phobia. I am not, in any way, superstitious. I will walk under a ladder any day if it's in my way, open an umbrella inside if it'll prevent me from getting wet while going outside (example if I'm not stepping out under and overhang), break a mirror (on purpose or on accident).
I wouldn't even pay attention to this day if it wasn't for Madd pointing out that it's "his holiday".
Well, who am I to critisize, though? I observe Girl Scout Cookie Season as a season to be celebrated and like it more than Christmas. So...to each their own.
Is there a phobia of Girl Scout Cookie Season? Maybe you should look that up for me
Mair
Smut Killer

Postby madd74 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 22:07:18

The closest I can come up with is Sitiparthenkoekieserereophobia.

I am sure you, as well as many, will sleep better knowing this info. That is the reason I provide it :) I am glad that I have provided attention to something that otherwise would not be paid attention to, my work must be near complete then.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby Mair » Wed Feb 18, 2009 21:01:29

I love that word
Mair
Smut Killer

Return to Black Box