i'm not sure what to think or do

When the mind comes in contact with in and outside world, interesting things can happen. This forum is for the talk of everything philisophical and psychological. Pyschology and philosophy (PaP) have run my life for a long time, and if ever you want to get Madd's attention, anything of PaP nature will do just that.

i'm not sure what to think or do

Postby monkeybone » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:33:08

but then i've had a (rare) pissy day. i suppose i could list all the reasons why - but that's not really important.

but..... to my point. below is the conversation that took place over several days. if you wade through it i would be most greatful. i have so much to say about this but i want insights from others before i comment.

it begins with a wayward and rather odd post:

----------------------------
HIM:
Pangea
vs
Gondwanaland
?
------------------------------
ME
i'll have to go with the chicken (Pangaea)
---------------------------
HIM
At least I didn't include Atlantis and Mu The arbitrary naming of the original super continent that plate tectonic theory says floated apart into the land masses as we know them.

Talk about it much and you start getting theological arguments. The completely sensible duality of male vs female powers compared to the father son and the holy spook.

Tossing out a thought now and then might get an interesting discussion. Beats talking about Clinton vs Obama. Politics have never been such a wasteland as they are now.

BTW what the hell is a Mitt? Short for mittens? Extrapolating,"Mittens for president!"

Vote Mittens!

Even geography comes back to politics and religion!
-------------------------------------------------

ME
i wonder about the theological arguments you are talking about. on the surface, the face of it, i don't see a theological problem. that is, that continents were once together and broke apart.

the male/female vs Father, Son and Holy Spirit ... that's what i'm not seeing. how does the land mass breaking apart have implications there? but then i did cursory research to make my reply.

politics.... ugh. i keep up with it but don't ask me why

you a smart boy?
------------------------------------
HIM

(Deleted post)

----------------------------------
ME
I'll agree that religion attempts to explain black vs white, good and evil. but don't mistake that it also attempts to explain grey areas as well. and that is what most of life is.... gray areas that require judgement. judement in the acknowedgement of intentions, motives.

were that it could all be good vs evil and easily explainable. but of course, it's not.

that the holy trinity is a fabrication is your interpretation. you assume that there was no mysticysm until the idea of the trinity.

do christians not believe that there were dinosaurs and oozing schlep in the sea? of course. we can see the evidence of evolution in recorded history.

as for sexuality - the most powerful of human insticts. yes, it's a drive we all have, almost as powerful as the desire for food and drink to survive.

we are all part of the dream.
------------------------------------
HIM
I don't have the answers but I know that once you stop dreaming you stop living.
----------------------
ME
who does?

we hold on to what we can to make sense of it all.

faith really isn't so bad
-------------------------
HIM
Living in a gray world? No Thank you!
I'll take the Color and run!
This conversation has grown dull and Thin...
ME
you either didn't read the whole comment or didn't make the effort to understand it.

"Living in a gray world" is something you implied from a reply you skimmed.

This conversation has grown dull and thin because you have not given it any thought.

get back to me if and when you re-engage.
--------------------------------------
HIM
on my best days i'm insulted when someone attempts to unzip their big jesus trash bag on my page.

Mittens make a worthier argument.
I feel sick enough as it is.
ME
so much for intelligent discussion -- even at your initiation.

insult indeed.
oh please.
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Re: i'm not sure what to think or do

Postby cmplxty7 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 17:19:27

I agree with what you were saying in your posts. Sounds to me like the same disagreement that those with faith and those without always have - "he" just seems to be more of an asshole about it :x

I am not sure what you were looking for - if you wanted just a comment on the conversation that took place, or our views on the subject of said conversation?
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Re: i'm not sure what to think or do

Postby monkeybone » Wed Nov 07, 2007 19:06:32

thanks for the reply. i'm not sure what i was looking for -- well, that's not true. i was looking for someone to agree with me that this guy is an asshole.

i feel a ramble coming on...... i just don't get people like him. where does the hatred come from? what kind of threat is it to him? i really wanted to know what he was thinking. i was looking forward to some discussion - and i can't get over the fact the HE brought up the subject.

it would appear it was all just a freakish attempt to look deep and inquisitive. no substance to back it up.

there's a woman in my sociology class who is similar in temperment. you don't agree with her politically correct ideas and you get the look of death and a snot ass comment.

ah well, it's all over now. i deleted my posts and unfriended him. done and done.

anyway, thanks for taking the time!
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Return to Black Box