070830.4x - BBCode [digg][/digg]

Any problems with any Maddian services (http://madd74.com, JOHD, etc) are to be directed here. If you notice something is not working the way it is meant to, or if you run across a broken link on any part of my site, make sure to post here please so I can fix it!

070830.4x - BBCode [digg][/digg]

Postby madd74 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 22:56:10

(after 5 days this post will auto move to the support forum)

I have added a new code, and it is rather simple:

Code: Select all
[digg][/digg]

This will display the following:

For those not familiar with the service,

digg.com/about wrote:Digg is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg surfaces the best stuff as voted on by our users. You won?t find editors at Digg ? we?re here to provide a place where people can collectively determine the value of content and we?re changing the way people consume information online.

How do we do this? Everything on Digg ? from news to videos to images to Podcasts ? is submitted by our community (that would be you). Once something is submitted, other people see it and Digg what they like best. If your submission rocks and receives enough Diggs, it is promoted to the front page for the millions of our visitors to see.

And it doesn?t stop there. Because Digg is all about sharing and discovery, there?s a conversation that happens around the content. We?re here to promote that conversation and provide tools for our community to discuss the topics that they?re passionate about. By looking at information through the lens of the collective community on Digg, you?ll always find something interesting and unique. We?re committed to giving every piece of content on the web an equal shot at being the next big thing.

So, this will allow anything you write to be "dugg" by the service. If enough people like it, then it goes to their main page, and EVERYONE in the WORLD (since they have web translators) will be able to read it! How cool is that? Note, to digg something, you have to be registered with their site (free as I can tell). You can read more about it at Wikipedia, or of course, Digg.com

Please reply with any questions/confusion!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: 070830.4x - BBCode [digg][/digg]

Postby monkeybone » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24:19

i don't *WANT* everything i write to be available to anyone else !

am i understanding this correctly?
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 16:13:48

Okay, not a problem, then do not use the
Code: Select all
[digg][/digg]
tag and you will not see:

and then no one will be able to "digg" your comment by clicking the box. Follow? It is an optional tag that only appears if YOU add it.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby cmplxty7 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 17:00:27

I get it. It's along the lines of slashdot or fark...where they put links to other sites so people who regularly go to slashdot/fark/digg/whatever will get linked to your site to read whatever you linked to.

BUT - you have to be registered on their site as a member AND put that specific tag in your post in order for it to even be linked to. So no worries - if you don't want it, don't tag it.

Does that sound right, Madd?
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Postby monkeybone » Fri Aug 31, 2007 18:38:40

ok, i got it now. thanks, jen and madd

and :roll: to me for thinking he would automatically expose us to that.
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby madd74 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 20:46:50

cmplxty7 wrote:I get it. It's along the lines of slashdot or fark...where they put links to other sites so people who regularly go to slashdot/fark/digg/whatever will get linked to your site to read whatever you linked to.

BUT - you have to be registered on their site as a member AND put that specific tag in your post in order for it to even be linked to. So no worries - if you don't want it, don't tag it.

Does that sound right, Madd?

all except the part where you do not have to be registered and it does not show. it will still show, however, if someone clicks on it and THEY are not registered, then it will not go through. as of right now, I am registered...

monkeybone wrote:ok, i got it now. thanks, jen and madd

and to me for thinking he would automatically expose us to that.

no problem! yeah, i would not force anything anywhere. however, if someone posted something like my "death" post, and thought that would be cool for others to look at, they could make a digg tag in the post
madd74
Master of Maddness

Return to General