reply notification and page refresh

Any problems with any Maddian services (http://madd74.com, JOHD, etc) are to be directed here. If you notice something is not working the way it is meant to, or if you run across a broken link on any part of my site, make sure to post here please so I can fix it!

reply notification and page refresh

Postby monkeybone » Wed Aug 22, 2007 14:47:57

how can i be notified of replies to posts or comments?

how can i refresh a page without going back to your site main page?
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Re: reply notification and page refresh

Postby madd74 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 16:12:32

If you go to your User Control Panel (UCP), the first thing you should see are threads you have subscribed to. If you reply or make a post, there are options under the "save", "preview", "submit" that says "notify me when a reply is posted". This will send you an email when someone replies to it, and put the topic in your UCP. You can even subscribe to entire forums by selecting the "Subscribe Forum". It is a little tricky to keep track of where this is, and it can be in different locations depending on the theme you are using. Also, a post that you like but did not reply to allows you to bookmark it, and then it will show up in the UCP.

As for refresh, the only ways would be to either click on the forum that you are on (ie, this one shows on the top "Board Index < Support < Support, and clicking on the last one will refresh this forum). Otherwise, you will have to actually click the refresh button on your web browser.

To simply refresh the entire board, you can click on the Icon for the forum (it is the animated .gif you should see next to "MWF Madd World Forums").

If you have not done so, there are many interesting options in your UCP you can access and change.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to General