Face Change and more

Any problems with any Maddian services (http://madd74.com, JOHD, etc) are to be directed here. If you notice something is not working the way it is meant to, or if you run across a broken link on any part of my site, make sure to post here please so I can fix it!

Face Change and more

Postby madd74 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 15:39:21

I am in the process of preparing the board for some changes. At this time, due to some of the attempted updates, some of the board is not working 100% the way it should be. One example, is that the arcade is not allowing me to add any more games. So to counter this problem, I am just going to start over from scratch.

Now, start over from scratch is a reference to the files, NOT the database. This means that deleting everything and reinstalling will not remove posts, scores, and the like. I will also do a backup of the database should anything go foul.

Now the project is going to be big, so my plan is to do it when I have decent time to hit it. At this point, the plan is to install:
  • forum
  • portal
  • arcade (including multiplayer)
  • chat/shoutbox
I will double check some of the things I have posted I installed, just to verify those things. Also, the snap.com preview that I have is going to be changed to ONLY work on actual links that are posted. For example, right now if you enable it, and hover over my Facebook signature, you will get a preview. This should make everything work "cleaner".

I do not have plans to bring in any more styles (like the AcidTechRed that use to be used) unless I get a large call for them, since each style requires that much more work for every modification I make. Example: I install arcade, I have to change files for the prosilver and subsilver2. If I had two more styles, I would have to make the same changes for each of those as well. As I get so little traffic as it is, it just seems like too much work. However, people have proved me wrong before, so I will humor people who might otherwise have a style in mind.

Later down the road, I will work on the emulator for those people who want it. I will also be adding a new forum for MODs to the board, so guests who happen to venture to my site will know what I have installed, and know what it looks like. I will post more when I know more. I possibly will make the changes tomorrow.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Face Change and more

Postby madd74 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:48:50

Part one has started. It appears the board itself is stable. It is registering the correct file version, and I am able to log in okay. I do find that some things are attempting to cache, causing strange issues. However, this is due to my local computer. Other people who have problems logging from one computer and not another are most likely having the same issue.

YOU SHOULD REFRESH THE PAGE if you notice a blank screen or if you are seeing other odd problems.

I hope to have the arcade back up and running by Tuesday. It is being upgraded, with new features, including a "cash" system for getting high scores, and the like. There will be a point system installed on the board to go with this, the reason I expect I may not get completed today, Monday, since I work with overtime.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to General