Chat

Any problems with any Maddian services (http://madd74.com, JOHD, etc) are to be directed here. If you notice something is not working the way it is meant to, or if you run across a broken link on any part of my site, make sure to post here please so I can fix it!

Chat

Postby sewcute » Tue Oct 16, 2007 20:17:10

Wasn't there a way to chat? Is it still available? How do we do it?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Re: Chat

Postby madd74 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 22:49:00

There was a way to chat, however it was compatible with the old version of phpbb2. I am working to get one up and running for phpbb3 here, however, there is not a lot of decent support since phpbb3 is not in "official release" yet.

Right now, the release is known as RC7. RC stands for "release canidate" and is the stage between a beta and official release (also known as "gold" in the computer world). Many people make things for RC's since they are normally close to an official release, however due to possible conflict with code changes, they do not always work... translated example.

I make a chat program for the forum in RC2 status. In bug shooting, it turns out that line 75 has a problem, so it ends up being rewritten. Well, the chat program required looking at line 75 and seeing something that no longer is what it use to be, so now the chat program does not work correctly (or at all), and has to be rewritten. However, since it is in RC status, only that one line of code was changed, and the chat program just requires on line of code to also be changed.

This is different than a beta, where you could end up almost rewriting entire blocks (and more) of code. I hope this explained it for all.

When I find the proper chat program to work with the forums, or fix the current one I was using, I will inform everyone in support.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby sewcute » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:36:21

so I wasn't crazy! that is good to know ;)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby monkeybone » Thu Oct 18, 2007 14:31:01

sewcute wrote:so I wasn't crazy! ;)

he didn't say you weren't crazy :badgrin:

but i agree with you, a way to chat would be great!
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby sewcute » Thu Oct 18, 2007 15:44:44

chatting was cool!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to General