Google/Yahoo bot

Any problems with any Maddian services (http://madd74.com, JOHD, etc) are to be directed here. If you notice something is not working the way it is meant to, or if you run across a broken link on any part of my site, make sure to post here please so I can fix it!

Re: Google/Yahoo bot

Postby sewcute » Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:15:50

really?

so if I went back in my journal looking at comments I have left in the past month I would see different IP addresses?

(I have been in my apt for a month now)
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 21:18:34

Aye, you should. I mean you could end up getting re-assigned the same IP, however, that would be a massive rarity.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby sewcute » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:56:04

I am SO doing that this weekend and she report my findings!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby Stingray » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:18:32

M R SPIDERS!

M R KNOTT

O S A R! C D B D I'S??

L I B, M R SPIDERS!!

madd74 wrote:Bot are spiders/crawlers, usually from search engines, that scan the web for information. Some of them are used to update their search engine database. To date, MWF has 52 different associated bots registered. The problem with search spiders, is that they can mes up session stats, cause problems with load time, and a bunch of other things. Also, there might be an instance where a poorly coded spider causes unneccesary load, or a search site might end up sending 6 different spiders to do a few different tasks. By assigning an IP address associated with the bot, or using certain key words that are assocaited with similar bots, you can give all of those similar ones the same user name. That is why you see the most users online ever was 11. It was not necessarily 11 different people, it could ahve been a few humans, and the rest bots.

Another thing, is that once they are registered with the board, you can assign them specific language to use, as well as a certain template. Some templates are more complex, thus causing more load to the board. You can assign them the most simple of templates to decrease load time.
"The world is my oyster!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" - Ghaleon
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Previous

Return to General