Update 060815

This forum is dedicated for my expecting child. This forum is incorperated into the little one's website, http://madd74.com/littlex. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments!

Moderator: cmplxty7

Update 060815

Postby cmplxty7 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:07:51

Week 12!!!

By this point, nearly all of the organs and structures of the fetus are formed. They will continue to grow and develop until delivery. Fingers and toes have separated and hair and nails begin to grow. The genitals begin to take on their gender characteristics. Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the baby's kidneys begin to produce and excrete urine. The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice peristalsis - contractions within the intestines that digest food.

Around this week, your uterus will shift up and forward as it grows. The good news is it won't be pressing on your bladder so much and those bathroom visits will get less frequent.
Morning sickness is usually getting better by this time, and you may be less tired. Headaches and light-headedness are common now thanks to the increased blood volume.

Here's another site
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Postby cmplxty7 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:12:51

I am so excited to be almost throught the whole first trimester!!!

This past week has been great, as I've not been sick since last Monday! This allows me more options for eating and more enjoyment out of what I eat :) And it makes me feel better about the pregnancy thing in general.

Still extremely tired, though - can't seem to get enough sleep! Everyone says that will pass - let's hope so. At least my spirits have been much higher since I've not been so miserably sick. The ironic thing is, since I can't feel X moving yet, the one good thing about being sick was that I knew he/she was doing well in there...so now I'm a bit more anxious for my appointments to be able to hear the heartbeat!
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Return to Little X