killer internet addiction

Welcome to the world of news, told by many, told about everything. Here is where new and strange information can be posted, or just life changing events for planet Earth.

killer internet addiction

Postby cmplxty7 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 17:29:46

scary. consider yourself warned!

Man Dies After 3-day Gaming Binge

BEIJING, China (AP) -- A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge, state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cyber cafe in the city of Guangzhou Saturday afternoon after he had been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.

The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the U.S.. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Re: killer internet addiction

Postby madd74 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:47:54

haha, I bet he was playing WoW!! Funny, I was just playing in an EXP party, and one of the people said he had been playing for a while and, "who needs sleep?" I guess we know! I hope he does not die, as that was a darn great party we were in!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: killer internet addiction

Postby sewcute » Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:55:22

I believe he was playing WoW!

I read about that story!! it's CRAZY to think about!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to Maddian Underground