Last House on the Left

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

What do you think of this movie?

I own it and have watched it more than once
No votes
I enjoy this movie much
No votes
This movie is okay
No votes
This movie is not worth watching
No votes
This movie is horrid
No votes

Total votes : 0

Last House on the Left

Postby madd74 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 15:23:38

I must say, that Last House on the Left (Wes Cravens first movie) is an extremely interesting movie. The premise is that some girls run into trouble, are raped and murdered, and end up staying over at the girls' parents house, where they find out what the group did, and take the law into their own hands.

This movie originally got a X-rating due to the graphic nature of the film. There is a scene, for example, when someone has their innards ripped out (this was cut from film and later put in the director's cut DVD).

I found this movie interesting. I was not as freaked out as most people, however there was one scene involving a penis that was disturbing and made me twitch. Not many movies can do that anymore (minus Hellraiser II). I applaud the acting which is very well done on the main characters. Also, the revenge used was pulled off nicely. You can believe that parents could actually do what they did (despite one of the revenge ploys being the desturbing penis part).

Over all, if you like to be freaked out, I highly recommend this movie. I personally do not feel it is as disturbing as everyone claims it, however it is good nevertheless. If you have a thing against rape, or violent crimes of the such, or simply do not like some blood, you may wish to stay away from it.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to PopCorn