Invictus

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

Invictus

Postby PiperTheMad » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:39:24

I just saw Invictus.

Had been wanting to see it since I heard it was coming out. I read Nelson Mandela's biography a few years ago and couldn't believe a movie hadn't been made about him. I actually somewhat struggle with movies being made about individuals who gave a large portion or their entire life for a cause, only have a celebrity play them in a movie and make millions of dollars. (pretty inequitable trade eh?)

But some stories need to be told and this is one of them. Actually they need to tell a lot more than just this, but it is a great start.

My favorite part is that a lot of cheesy drama wasn't injected to make it more entertaining. Some folks might not like it because it was slow at times... but to me that kept it as true to the real story as possible. And this was very important to me.
(Piper the Friendly)
Specializing in Preschool and Day Care software. Also Find a Daycare or Preschool - Hawaii.
PiperTheMad
Cheese Taster

Return to PopCorn