Inglourious Basterds

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

Inglourious Basterds

Postby cmplxty7 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32:28

I really enjoyed this movie. As much as I don't like gratuitous gore, Quentin Tarantino has a way of evening it out with an appropriate level of humor & seriousness combined with a great soundtrack. I enjoy most of his movies that I've seen for the same reasons.
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Re: Inglourious Basterds

Postby madd74 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46:01

I do not feel his soundtrack stood out as well as with previous films. Nevertheless, it was pleasant. I know at first I was hesitant of wanting to go see the movie. From the previews, it seemed like it was just another slap-silly lineup of characters. I had already seen another movie with his name on it (Hell Ride) and that was just a slap stick of garbage.

However, this was an extremely excellent movie, well put together, humor added just right, enjoyable plot, and great character development. It was also nice to see some twists, even if there was a bit that you would come to expect. I certainly recommend this movie, but not to anyone who cannot handle some blood and "well-placed" gore. Without any language or nudity, this movie certainly earns its R rating.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to PopCorn