Knight Rider

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

How do you enjoy the show?

5 - Best Show on TV Today
No votes
50%
3 - It is Okay
50%
No votes
1 - Worst Show on TV Today
No votes

Total votes : 2

Knight Rider

Postby madd74 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 17:52:38

Knight Rider (1982) on IMDB
Knight Rider (2008) on IMDB

Full Knight Rider episodes via IMDB

Well, I have been watching Knight Rider since it came on, minus the original pilot that aired some time earlier in the year. I have noticed a lot of bad comments on the forums at the IMDB regarding the show, and I must say, that I personally enjoy it. I think they have thrown in a bit too much sex and the like, however, there is a lot of action, and I agree with one of the posters when they note that there is too much drama on TV. Knight Rider delivers beyond that.

I especially enjoy how KITT is towards his roots of being blunt and too the point. It really adds an excellent element to the show. I think they could do without the crazy turbo boost sequences when KITT jumps. Some of the transformations appear a little over the top as well. Plus, KITT seems to have almost everything on command, including an item replicator (a la Star Trek replicator). KITT has all of these crazy things, yet he lacks the ability to bind the breaking mechanism of cars he is chasing. That seems like a continuity error to me.

Still, the little minor things do not destroy what is otherwise some fun characters, and decent acting. I would also note, while a lot of people jumped ship by episode three, that the series does appear to be getting better as they go along. I could see this series being cancelled due to reasons that many shows go, however I really hope it does not. This is on my DVR record list and will most likely be so until it is no longer aired.

Spoiler for KITT voiced by...:
Val Kilmer
I really am not sure what to say on that :) He gets no credit on the show itself, however anyone who has already checked out the show on IMDB already know this. I am curious as to all of the talents that were thought of to do the voice of KITT.

On the subject of KITT, I really enjoy the character. It appears Mike and KITT are developing a stronger relationship with each other, however this early it is difficult to say. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think the original started out as a dude and his talking car, and turned into a massive friendship bond later. One of the episodes already had the two talking about their friendship.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to PopCorn