Heath Ledger dead at 28

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

Heath Ledger dead at 28

Postby cmplxty7 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 17:11:04

GAH - damn Hollywood drug abuse! I know you all know this one!!! Heath Ledger was found dead today, in his apartment full of pills. I liked his movies. Very nice to look at in some of his roles! So sad that so many get absorbed into that lifestyle and eventually succumb to it :(
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Re: Heath Ledger dead at 28

Postby madd74 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 18:15:45

That is too bad... I will say, though, when I caught some of this coverage in the news, and they were talking about how rough their lives are, I get more than annoyed. I am sorry, but people who decide to be big movie stars at this point know the stress and other accosiated things that are going to happen. These big stars make enough money that they could afford the help they require if they are having issues. If their lives are so rough and bad, then they should go work customer service, not get paid millions of dollars to be babies.

I will state that I enjoyed a lot of Heath's work. He did act in some great movies, and was a wonderful actor. It appears that the last film he will get credit in, is one I have been highly looking forward to for some time, "Dark Knigh", the next in the Christian Bale Batman series. At least, that is my guess. God be with him.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby sewcute » Wed Jan 23, 2008 18:24:18

I am not trying to rag on you Jen.

But I am kind of sick about hearing about this. I mean when Brad Renfro died I only found out cause of the board, but everyone seems to be talking about Mr. Ledgers dying.

And I agree with you Madd!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 19:33:05

Well, in her defense, I would have posted about it also. I think the reason you found out so much on the first and not the second, as stated before in my other post, I had not ever heard of the other person, however, Heath Ledger is "more famous". As with any news channel, the more "I am a celebrity" points you have, the more and harder coverage you get, which is unfortunate. Plus, in Heath's case, people are talking "drug overdose" and the late craze of "celebrity stress" that stars are getting. Add all that together, and you get a plethra of info that seems like "enough already". At least it will not get the ridiculous and absurd coverage Anna Nicole got when she OD'ed.

At least Heath Ledger can act... :D
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Wed Jan 23, 2008 21:54:50

oh I know, and I would have said this to whomever would have posted about it. but I wanted Jen to know I wasn't picking on HER, just picking people for continually posting about this.

I know he is more famous, but then it goes back to the whole are they more important than Joe Schmoe?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 22:50:38

Yeah, and I realized you were not picking on Jen, and I agree with you, why does heath get more press than my grandfather, who did a lot more for me than Heath ever did... granted, I really enjoyed Brothers Grimm :)
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby Stingray » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08:29

madd74 wrote:That is too bad... I will say, though, when I caught some of this coverage in the news, and they were talking about how rough their lives are, I get more than annoyed. I am sorry, but people who decide to be big movie stars at this point know the stress and other accosiated things that are going to happen. These big stars make enough money that they could afford the help they require if they are having issues. If their lives are so rough and bad, then they should go work customer service, not get paid millions of dollars to be babies.

I agree, every lifestyle has its trials and tribulations which a person accepts by choosing that lifestyle!
"The world is my oyster!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" - Ghaleon
Stingray
Man of Yeast and Cheese?

Choosing the lifestyle

Postby madd74 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 17:22:59

... and then they bitch about it as opposed to moving on. I think maybe one or two people in Hollywood have decided that it was time to move on or whatever, but I have no actual names. Yet, the number of people who cannot handle the stress of fame is like, well, everyone last time I heard a special about it. Seriously, get a new career. I have said it before, and shall again. You get paid that much money, and you don't want to do anything about your "mental status", then that is your issue.

I am curious, however, going back to Heath, I take it there was more information by now as to what happened to him? Last I knew, Dark Knight really wore him out, and he took sleeping pills and they were not knocking him out for more than an hour. I thought I had reports that sleeping pills were found in his room, which lead me to believe accidental death.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby cmplxty7 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 17:55:50

"I take it there was more information by now as to what happened to him?"

The police said they did not find any illegal drugs at all in his apartment. The sleeping pills were his. And no, there has not been an official cause of death released as the toxicology report is not back yet...those take a while.
cmplxty7
Jon Stewart's Love Interest

Postby madd74 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 18:10:40

So just slipping pills found... wow, since some *might* find the following a little out of taste...

Spoiler for who killed Heath Ledger:
The Dark Knight did it :D (for those who required this spelled out... Heath Ledger was doing the Joker in the upcoming movie... doing the movie might have caused sleeplessness... that lead to more and more sleeping pills... do the math and save the joke from there
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby monkeybone » Wed Jan 30, 2008 20:28:02

i saw a tasteless comment about this on another site and it made me laugh because i'm sick that way

Spoiler for :
knock, knock. who's there? not heath ledger because he's dead.

8)
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Postby sewcute » Wed Jan 30, 2008 21:05:14

oh that joke is terrible!!!

terribly FUNNY!
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby monkeybone » Wed Jan 30, 2008 21:28:20

8)
sewcute wrote:oh that joke is terrible!!!

terribly FUNNY!

:badgrin:
:monkey:
monkeybone
Os de Singe

Return to PopCorn