AvP-R

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

AvP-R

Postby madd74 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 18:08:44

ditzwill wrote:I have only seen one trailer for AvP II. Is it supposed to be better? Is the premise that now they're just fighting wherever they want? What's the deal?
I think one of the biggest disappointments for AvP was despite what the DIRECTOR wanted, the powers that be higher wanted the movie to target a larger audience, so it got a PG13 rating. This would mark the first time that either a Predator or Alien movie would get a non-R rating. I know the tone down of the movie made a lot of people upset. While I did not appreciate it, for me it did not ruin the movie experience. I think the fact I went 5 times, 4 in the same day, express this :mrgreen:

As for specific details, while I have watched the trailers on TV, I have not done any research, as I want as much of a surprise as I can get. What I do know is, that AvP-R is rated R (the R stands for Requiem, not the rating).

Spoiler for AvP-R trailers:
From the trailers, it appears that the alien that affected the Predator at the end of AvP pops out, infects things, causing the ship to crash, and things going from there.

Now, as noted, this is just what I gather from what I remember from the trailers on TV. I have not checked any out on the web, nor have I looked anything up. If this is the case, it would put this movie right after the first, however, there is so much one could easily do to make the time frame 2008 (as AvP was set in 2004, the year that movie came out).

So, I think the fighting takes place on

FYI, AvP got a 5.4 of 10 at IMDB, while AvP-R showed 7.6 out of 10 (838 votes). That is a MASSIVE difference, for anyone who looks into IMDB ratings, of one movie to another.

I plan to see this Saturday, and will give more information on it afterwards.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to PopCorn