Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Buy a bag, go home in a box! Discuss any and everything about the movie world here, including movies you have seen, movies you like, future releases you hear, etc.
Forum rules
BE RESPECTFUL!! Some people like to be surprised in movies!! if you give out any sort of a spoiler to a movie/TV show, please use the [spoiler=] tag. Any questions, please ask before posting, thank you.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Postby madd74 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 21:16:06

This CGI movie from Square Enix follows the events of the video game, Final Fantasy VII for PSX. It takes place two years after the end of the game.

Saying this is better than, or an improvement of Square Soft's Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, is not something I could possibly say (after all, FF:tSW actually caused Square to go backrupt :rofl: ). With the exception of one game, Square is notorious for not following any of their games with actual sequels (minus X-2, a sequel to X, which is like saying I crap a turd, then have diarrhea and it is a sequel). There are usually some elements of previous games that follow into the next game, with Cid being the only true connection to everything (he was references in the Japanese version of FFI, and did not make the cut in the translation to the States). Well, Advent Children, while not a video game, is a sequel, and very much well deserved.

The CGI used is wonderful. It does not have the crisp visual that Spirits had, however, action sequences are done much better in here, as it is fast paced. So the overall presentation of AC is wonderful, with excellent detail.

The story line is wonderful, however, it is more so if you were a follower of the game. While you can watch and enjoy this movie stand alone, there will be a definite increase in enjoyment if you played (and liked) FFVII. The DVD includes extra material that does a quick run down of the game in attempts to get you up to speed with the movie. The two people I showed this to who had not watched the game very much well enjoyed this movie.

The sounds are excellent. Music from the game can be heard redone throughout the movie. The movie has its own music as well, and it blends in well with the remade original music.

Overall, this movie is wonderful. It is possibly my favorite animated film ever. Great action, compelling story line, wonderful music and score, and characters who can grow on you (and already are grown on you if you played FFVII). If you do anim
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to PopCorn