Civilization Revolution (PS3, 360, DS, Wii)

If it is video game talk not otherwise covered in another forum, here you go!

Civilization Revolution (PS3, 360, DS, Wii)

Postby madd74 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 19:07:11

Wikipedia Entry

Announced features
  • 16 Civilizations with corresponding historical leaders
  • Streamlined time scale for quicker play
  • Fully featured online play, including auto-matching, ranked games, and leaderboards
  • Voice and vision chat
  • Downloadable content and Achievements

Multiplayer
  • Civilization Revolution will feature some robust multiplayer options including ranked games for up to four players (including four-player free for all, 1-on-1 duels, or 2-on-2 team matches), as well as leaderboards and support for video chat.

Oh my flipping word! I am so insanely excited to hear about this! I am curious how it will play via DS, as this game can otherwise be massive. It is unfortunate there is no PSP version, as that would hold more than the DS can hold. I do hope they have Connect play on the DS as opposed to wireless play, as FINDING someone right next to me whenever to up and play is going to be next to nothing.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Civilization Revolution (PS3, 360, DS, Wii)

Postby sewcute » Mon Nov 26, 2007 19:09:37

is this the advance wars dual strike sequel?
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 19:25:41

Not even close :mrgreen: Cid Meier Has been making Civ games since the dawn of time (haha, inside Civ joke for Civ players, actually around for PC since 1991)

Wiki Civ Series

The basic premise of the game (as by Madd), is that you are given a group of settlers, and you are to make a city, and build up your civilization by making improvements to your world. In all games you generate money and science. You use science to discover technology. Learning new technology opens new possibilities to you. For example, learning Iron Working would allow you to make swordmen and learning Flight would allow you to build airports in your cities (which in most Civ games means you can transport units from one city to another). In the later games, cities also produce culture, and that allows your borders to expand. Rival civs are not able to make a city in your boundry (it would be like France coming to Iowa and attempting to have a French city).

It has some similarities to Dual Strike, in that you produce many people to defend and attack. Also, all Civ games have a FOW (fog of war), which if you remember from Dual Strike was an optional setting that would cover your map in darkness, and you had to place your units around the map to see people in the squares. Also similar to the single player version of DS, you have to "advance" to get certain units. The difference is, Civ requires you to discover the technology in order to make the unit, where DS you had to just get to a certain part in the game to make the bigger units. In DS, you had to have money to make your units. In Civ, you have to make production to make a unit. In DS you gained more money by having more cities. In Civ, you get more production in a varity of ways, such as having mines around your city, or having your city around a lot of forest spots.

If someone loved DS, they would only enjoy (in my opinion) Civ if they would like the building aspect of the game, and being a "mayor". In Civ, you have to make sure people in the city are happy, determine which form of government you want to use, decide if you want to be at war or peace with other Civ's, decide what to trade with (if at all) with other Civ's, and you have to balance the net input of all your cities between money, science, and happiness (in Civ IV, happiness is replaced by culture). So DS is more simple than Civ. Of course, it is rare to play any quick games of Civ. You could spend days of game time maintaining your Civ, where DS could be well under an hour of play.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Mon Nov 26, 2007 20:45:26

ah ok, I had heard about a sequel to Advance wars: DS and wasn't sure if it was the same
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Postby madd74 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 21:06:24

This is what you are looking for...

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is an upcoming turn-based tactics video game for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It is the latest installment in the Nintendo Wars series and is scheduled for release in North America on January 21, 2008.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is the fourth game in the Advance Wars series of video games, preceded by Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, and Advance Wars, although this series is a sub-series of the Nintendo Wars set of games, which dates back to the Nintendo Entertainment System game Famicom Wars in 1988.
madd74
Master of Maddness

Postby sewcute » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59:56

yeah I looked it up after you told me. . .I wasn't sure.
sewcute
Dreamer of old Ranks

Return to VidGame