Cubs for 2009

The dugout is the place to go for those who have a sport they would like to talk about or a team they would like to "promote" or speak of.

Cubs for 2009

Postby madd74 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 18:54:17

Well, even though it would seem that our relief could use some lessons on what a strike zone is, at this point we have a record of 5-2. giving us a tie for first with the dumb red birds. Thus far, I only got to catch part of the radio broadcast from Saturday's game, however, it was enough to take about 8 years off my life with the way our pitching has been.

Even Ron Santo talked about his "changing personality" due to what could only be expecting loom and gloom. I think Jarin was a bit shocked when I flipped on the 9th inning home run by Soriano. One out, runner on 1st, I tell you, the Cubs love to keep us fans on the edge of our seats :mrgreen:
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Re: Cubs for 2009

Postby PiperTheMad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:44:34

sorry to hear this didn't come through for you. My teams never win it big but recently my Penguins won the Stanley Cup and I was pretty excited about that.

..... now I'm probably back to many years of no champtionships. Hate to say it but sports-wise New England was probably a fun place to live this decade.
(Piper the Friendly)
Specializing in Preschool and Day Care software. Also Find a Daycare or Preschool - Hawaii.
PiperTheMad
Cheese Taster

Re: Cubs for 2009

Postby madd74 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 18:19:02

Well thank you, as there are millions who share my pain, some well beyond my years in "Cub experience" -lol-

You're teams may not win, but I doubt they have a 101 year drought hanging over their heads. I mean, the last time the Cubs even made it to a World Series, I was not even though to be born yet :mrgreen:

Oh well, the way I see it, for each year they continue to lose, that just goes to show how much of a fan I really am. I mean, I remember when the Braves were winning the Division left and right, and all of a sudden, a bunch of fans jumped on the bandwagon to be fans also. That is something the Cubs have not had to worry about for over 101 years, :lol:

At least we have next year!!!
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Dugout