Sunday's game.

The dugout is the place to go for those who have a sport they would like to talk about or a team they would like to "promote" or speak of.

Sunday's game.

Postby madd74 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 15:17:27

Well... we were shut out. I must say, that this game was well pitched by Florida (Beckett). It was a two hit shut out (that was ALMOST broke by a line drive foul home run, just nicked off the foul pole). However, I want to pay respect to someone who I have a GREAT deal of admiration for.

... and it is definitely not Beckett who states,

espn wrote:"He overreacted a lot. I don't know if he was trying to pull a Boston Red Sox-Yankee thing," Beckett said. "It was pretty ignorant. I'm not trying to hit him."

This was in comment to a VERY inside fast ball that knocked Sosa down. You know what, Beckett? You could have been viewed as hitting the biggest threat to your no hitter to that point. So while Sammy may have slightly over reacted, it was not pretty ignorant. The fact I hear you say that... I almost lose the small respect I had for your game pitched. You are pretty egotistical. Plus realize that Zam already hit one of YOUR guys. I see very much from how Sosa could have taken that.

Besides,

[quote=ESPN]In late April, Sosa's batting helmet was cracked when he was beaned by Pittsburgh's Salomon Torres. Ever since, the Cubs have been especially sensitive to high-and-inside pitches to Sosa.

"He probably wasn't throwing at me," Sosa said afterward. "But because of what happened before, maybe that was my reaction."[/quote]

However, someone was NOT seen as so egotistical, and HE is the one I respect for what happened next.

[quote=ESPN]Rodriguez patted Sosa on the back, trying to calm down his fellow All-Star while they stood several feet up the third-base line. While Rodriguez, Sosa and Poncino were sorting it out, Beckett calmly walked in from the mound and took a new ball from the umpire's bag.[/quote]

Rodriguez. This guy was being all calm and appeared to be saying decent things to Sosa, patting him on the back. Oh yeah, I would like to mention while Beckett calmly walked in, he simply was getting a ball. Not as much as an apology like your other teammate. For that alone I hope Prior gets a no hitter on you all.

I was very impressed with Pudge. I admire him as a baseball player and as a human being. If anyone deserves to score against the Cubs, this is the man. My hat is tipped to you, in the spirit of the game.

Of course, with as much as Florida talks about the come back, and as much as those cocksmokers on Fox talk yet more shit about the Cubs...

Prior

Wood

I end it with that, thank you.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Postby Foffie232 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 16:20:40

Negative - that quote is referring to what happened in the game from Sunday - had nothing to do with the pitch that knocked him down in the beginning of the season. Sosa had every right to pick a fight with Beckett because both teams were warned.
"There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met." - Gonzo
Foffie232
Random Violence

Postby madd74 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:25:31

eh? which quote, I stated a few... I am confused, help me be the other

and as egotistical as becket is, I agree Sosa had every right from there alone
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Dugout