Dedication as a Cub fan

The dugout is the place to go for those who have a sport they would like to talk about or a team they would like to "promote" or speak of.

Dedication as a Cub fan

Postby madd74 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 15:12:56

Well, we were swept, so the year is over for us. Unlike many other teams, I showed a lot of dedication that otherwise is not there for others. After going through my pre-recorded top of the first, my DVR decided to jump all the way to the end of the game, showing me that indeed the Cubs were handed a loss. Despite that, I jumped back to the point I was, made it successfully past the commercials, and continued with my game where I otherwise wanted to do some 360 as I waited for my son to finally go to sleep, since I was getting up to take care of him in the morning. So I watched, and I saw as the Cubs kept teasing their fans, yet I already knew what the score would be. This, after all the time and effort I put at work that day to ensure no one would leak me the score. That cruel trick of life, that us die-hards know, as the life of a Cub fan. As we have heard since 1908... next year.
I will have something here... at some point...
madd74
Master of Maddness

Xbox Live: madd74
wii: 3171-6085-4693-8857
Playstation ID: madd74

Return to Dugout